philly

New Ghostbusters II. Composer - Jun Ishikawa (kirby series).

^Love the triangle melody that kicks in. Also how's there's 2 bass lines for most of the song.

philly

Erik the Viking - Neil Baldwin, Unreleased NES game.

Time Follin power:

Beautifully constructed melodies:

Awesome Kratfwerk-y groove (this one's pretty famous):

Last edited by Stevens (Apr 21, 2010 7:48 pm)

Unsubscribe

Time Follin is a great typo.

San Francisco

it maybe not the most harmonious or well known sound track on the nes but i have to say i love hearing all of the crazy sounds from the akira famicom game. its not your typical happy bouncing music and all made without the use of the sample channels or any extra chips.

weird, minimal, and abstract would be the best way i can think od describing it.

Geinoh Yamashirogumi made all the music for the akira movies and that influence really comes out in this.

uhajdafdfdfa

stumbled on this on youtube it's pretty cool

This game has a nice Gimmick feel to it. smile good ol Sunsoft bass!

I've been playing it every once in a while for the past few weeks. Really nice game.

philly
ant1 wrote:

stumbled on this on youtube it's pretty cool

It's odd, I don't know why he didn't name any of the tracks, or have the lengths match the songs. Might've just been lazy.
Here's the complete soundtrack.

That track is called Good Weather. smile

There's lots of awesome ones, I really like this-

The Ys series has some good music, too.

Retired

Hey! Nobody mentionned BATTLETOADS!!!!

Neo Jersey

the main theme to esper dream 2 is so good. try not to dance to that shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neTQQW9X2LY

Brazil

Smash TV smile

Also, the akira soundtrack for nes is really insane, i liked, but the amiga game is better!

Came across this completely by accident. Easily my favorite FDS soundtrack so far.

philly

That one is pretty cool! I have an NSFE for it up here.

PDX
Edward Shallow wrote:

Duck Tales and Mega Man 3 have always stuck with me considerably.

This. And I'm surprised nobody mentioned this game:

philly

Love it! I did a brief review of the music here-
http://good-evil.net/features/top-30-ne … -crystalis

Next in line is Crystalis, a common action-RPG favorite for the NES. Like many other RPGs it offers a variety of tracks that more or less fall within the confines of the genre. You have peaceful town music, driving overworld themes, a melancholic track for when certain characters die, triumphant final area music, and a couple cave / dungeon themes that range from mediocre to lovable.

This isn’t to say that the music is without some distinction, however. This may be nostalgia talking, but I’ve always found the Crystalis music to be quite engrossing. From the introduction onwards, the music carries the tone of the game quite brilliantly. Several tunes also make use of microtuned pitches, detuning notes to fall between half steps. Who would’ve thought that such dissonance would sound so pretty? It’s a simple yet effective trick that helps make the Crystalis music stand out.