Interesting page covering several bootleg Pokemon video games as well as toys, etc.  Thought I would share the link, hopefully it hasn't been discovered by some of you.

Bootleg Pokemon: Fake Games & Products

Would love to get roms of those games...
edit: oops there are links to the roms, sweet.

Last edited by Battle Lava (Mar 2, 2010 5:04 am)

Chicago, IL

Wow, I'm super surprised at how nice those fakes are.

Quebec

Quite interesting, i'll try a couple of those fake pkmn roms, some of them look damn ugly though.

Melbourne, Australia

Hahha, they all look so bad.

Philly/NY

There's a Chinese NES bootleg of Gold & Silver - pretty interesting to check out. Music is terrible, but the graphics are all represented pretty faithfully. I never had a random Pokemon encounter though...

Brunswick, GA USA

Sprite-swapped games can be interesting sometimes, if you can find the original.

London, UK

I remember getting a shady emerald cart off ebay and wanting to murder someone

astral cat
Sabrepulse wrote:

hahaha, i had that, when i saved it and turned off i would be at the start of the game when i turned it back on... my girlfriend also had one that froze after the victory league tongue

London, UK
an-cat-max wrote:
Sabrepulse wrote:

hahaha, i had that, when i saved it and turned off i would be at the start of the game when i turned it back on... my girlfriend also had one that froze after the victory league tongue

mine was some romhacked gbc plaform game with Ash and the yellow rat as selectable chars, in the emerald gba case.

WHO WOULD DO THAT?

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Mar 2, 2010 8:48 am)

australia

That Pokemon Diamond on the page you linked to is actually a really fun game called Keitai Denju Telefang. An obvious ripoff of Pokemon, but actually worth giving a look if you've got some spare time. I played through about half of the first game using the Japanese version and an English walkthrough explaining what was going on.

Plymouth, UK

Haha, there are some shocking fake NES Pokémon roms, I'll put them on my site sometime and then post back. Ohh, Sergio is a great rom hacker, when my GBA flash cart worked I used to play Pokémon Quartz, it was actually pretty good smile

astral cat
Sabrepulse wrote:
an-cat-max wrote:

mine was some romhacked gbc plaform game with Ash and the yellow rat as selectable chars, in the emerald gba case.

WHO WOULD DO THAT?

a dickhead! i guess it would of been just as easy to flash the actual rom lol oh and by the way i was reading ride bmx magazine and they have a thing called top 5's and Sabrepulse - Hey Kate was one of the 5 "best riding songs" picked by the pro they interviewed smile

birmingham

I have a 41-in-1 type cartridge, and that Telefang game is on there... the translation is hilarious! Also, kudos for linking to trsrockin tongue

Newcastle, UK

I played Chaos Black years ago, made so little sense.

Plymouth, UK

Here are the fake NES Pokémon games.

Joliette, QC, Canada

The "Pikachu" in Pokémon Adventure is a Big Joke hahaha