calgary

hey guys i got Lsdj a few days ago and i was really jaming out and then it froze and was glitching out and said
"DONT PANIC PLEASE MAIL THIS TO blah blah blah" can any one help me?

-dj chewbackkaa

matt's mind

the lsdj ROM has crashed. 

the first thing to do is email that info to the email address, [email protected]

the information provided will help in future bug fixes.  its a very helpful thing to do

the next thing to do is if the error occurs again reflash the cartridge with LSDJ, this will force a reformat of the cartridge and put the uncorrupted ROM back on and should be OK.  sometimes the error is a fluke and won't occur again.

hope that helps!

Seattle, WA US

PANIC

washington

this keeps happening to me. i emailed johan about it, he hasn't replied yet.

hopefully it's an easy fix

Joliette, QC, Canada

maybe your batteries we're dead and you tried to opened it again and again and again ?!

calgary

shitty.
i have two lsdj games and they both have crashed

Unsubscribe

What version are you using? Have you tried the latest stable?

Whose carts are you using? Have you tried a hard reset?

If the software behaves a little oddly, instruments don’t seem to work
as supposed or similar, do a full reset of the internal memory. This is
done by navigating to the project screen and pressing SELECT + A
on the LOAD/SAVE FILE button.

This will lose all your songs if they arent backed up.

Tokyo, Japan

edits for clarity and moved.

BK

Also if you're using LSDJ in a GBA SP make sure not to bump the cartridge- it sticks out pretty far and even the tiniest bump can often cause LSDJ to crash and show that message.

matt's mind

another thing i forgot about....

if you reflash LSDJ, try a different version that whats loaded onto the cart.  i *think* there might be a checksum involved, and if the software recognizes the cart has the same ROM as what its trying to flash, i think it might skip the reformatting part.

at least this seems to be the case from using it a whole lot.  ems isn't very helpful with their software,

then, after that, flash the version you actually want.

Could someone help me?
I havent made music in a while because my cart keeps crashing.

I want to reflash but my cart isn't recognized on my PC...

When I want to install the drivers and select the map where it's in, it says that the driver isn't there...

Could anyone help me please?

thanks in advance

matt's mind

by 'map,' what do you mean?  folder/directory?
- be sure you've moved the files from the minidisc to your actual computer.  they need to be on hard drive to install properly

and, what is your operating system (32bit or 64bit too)?

***  also, i guess its worth mentioning...  people who bought carts from KB get free flashing for life on that cart, i'm happy to flash them if they're pissing anyone off.  the only thing to do would be pick up the return shipping (and sending it to me).  the flashing itself, and the frustration that comes with that sometimes, is free smile

I mean the GB_USB map from the minidisc...
It is on my hard drive...

I heard some carts are broken or something, maybe that's it sad

matt's mind

whats your operating system and is it 32 or 64bits?

32bits

Tacoma, WA

This typically means that the data has somehow been corrupted to the point where it is inoperable. I would listen to Kitsch, but for the future, keep a backup lsdj.rom on your hard drive so you can reflash. I try to backup songs every week too, just so I can avoid losing them. You might still be able to recover the .sav data, but I don't know as I have never tried to.

With regard to your cart not being recognized by your system, depending on the operating system (Win XP, Vista, or 7) there are different procedures when trying to install the driver. Because there is some problem with Win 7 not wanting to recognize the digital driver signature, you will have to put it into test mode, which will allow you to manually install and assign the proper drivers. There should have been instructions with the disc your flash cart came with... Do you still have them?

Last edited by Vellain (Oct 18, 2012 5:20 pm)