Virgins-ia

http://inversephase.bandcamp.com/track/pokey-pimp
This is a cover of A_Rival's 8-bit Pimp (Just Pimp 'em remix) I did on the A8. I actually released it a couple weeks ago, but I didn't make much noise or anything. I figure/hope some folks here will like it.

The Rubber Man

Hmmm. Really good, dude.
Would You care to provide some more tek info? Does it come from Atari 800XL? One pokey or more? Or maybe it's only a sampled pokey trackwed in some PC modern tracker?
Thx for sharing.

The Rubber Man

PS: Also "Pretty Eight Machine" is great, I didn't think anybody except me liked Nine Inch Nails, haha. Great job.

Virgins-ia

Hey! Thanks for the kind feedback (on P8M, too! probably still my best piece of work to date). I've been listening to your tunes for awhile now. Both Escape From the Spaceship and the Koto Megamix have riffs that remind me of the Mortal Kombat theme (not necessarily a bad thing).

The song is single-POKEY. There was a LOT of channel jumping / pattern packing to get everything in there. You can hear a few dropouts where certain things disappear but I tried to keep them to a minimum. I use a hacked tracker setup on the PC side to write (and to get my detunes right) but everything should be possible on a stock 800.

My sound output is emulated via PokeySound in HQ mode. It says it doesn't do high-pass filters but I did the high-pass trick once or twice to get that PWM effect, so I think the version I'm using is newer than my documentation (which says 2.3). =] Anyway, it's the sound from the Atari800 emulator. So....whatever that is.

I'm working on building a multi-chip sound device that will accept a POKEY, SID, etc.... but that's a little ways down the road, so for now I'm using this. =]