UPDATED Nov 19th, 2012!
  - Almost 50 new songs!

Nov 9th, 2012 -      -Removed useless SQL calls, added a bunch of music, and fixed domain name to always be www.bit-slap.net instead of wonthelp.
      -You can now link to songs by typing ?s=song.xm after bit-slap.net (ex http://www.bit-slap.net/?s=mrgamer_veryHappyChip.xm)

Oct 28th, 2012  - Added skip track button, fixed shuffle so it doesn't repeat.
Oct 26th, 2012   - A bunch more music and an Amiga mode button for making Amiga tracks mono.

Hello! I've been working hard on this for a little while now, and I really want to get the word out to anyone who might appreciate an online chiptune library. Pretty much what it is, is a Flash based media player that plays tracker formats. I have a collection of XM tunes up on it right now, and I hope to grow the library as time goes on. Try it out if you're interested, I'd love any sort of feedback as I'm still actively working on this!

You can find it at http://www.bit-slap.net

-Landon Podbielski

Last edited by superjoebob (Nov 20, 2012 2:05 am)

NYC

It works, and the music is awesome. THATS ALL I CAN HELP WITH.

Italy

Oh, this is too good.
Can't wait for more XMs tongue

oh, I love the minimal style you put there, awesome job!

Thanks, glad you guys like it! I plan to keep updating it with new features and music, hopefully on a daily basis. Already added a Never Again button to songs to  tell a song never to come up in a shuffle, and added a couple new songs.

Hungary

I've already bookmark it. I listen to all day. smile

uhajdafdfdfa

hopefully this encourage people to listen to more tracked music !

This is great! Awesome selection so far. Really love the smooth interface!

NC in the US of America

Sweet. Arachno! This is like a chocolate factory or something...

Montgomery, AL

I love this!  Can't wait to see it grow more!

Gosford, Australia

This is really cool!

I know pretty much nothing about more traditional tracker music, but some of these songs seem to be panned weirdly as if they were intentionally split for the purpose of outboard mixing as two mono channels.
I guess what I'm trying to ask is if you can make these particular songs play in mono without having to mess with the XM files.

California

I think that's just how Amiga modules are. Not sure if there's anything that can be done about it.

Last edited by VCMG (Oct 23, 2012 2:49 am)

Gosford, Australia

Oh. I guess I never payed attention to that 'cause you can't put a rgb pro-verted backsound in an Amiga :v

I think an option for mono playback would still be nice, if it's possible!

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is awesome!, VGM will be supported?.

Victory Road wrote:

Oh. I guess I never payed attention to that 'cause you can't put a rgb pro-verted backsound in an Amiga :v

I think an option for mono playback would still be nice, if it's possible!

I agree, some of the Amiga songs can sound a bit funny. The splitting it due to the Amiga itself as VCMG mentioned. I think it had something to do with its 4 channels actually consisting of only 2 stereo channels, so if you wanted stereo sound you'd only get 2 or 3 instruments instead of 4. I think a mono button is a great idea, I'll add it in an update!

Delek wrote:

This is awesome!, VGM will be supported?.

I'd really like to, though it requires actual chip emulation so it'd be a bit tricky. I'm not opposed to writing a YM2612 plugin in AS3 though, so it may very well happen.

EDIT: Come to think of it, yeah VGM is way more than just the 2612 haha. Adding this could be a lot of work if there isn't already a plugin available, we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone, I really hope this site picks up!

Last edited by superjoebob (Oct 23, 2012 8:03 pm)

Oh man, this is nice. I'd suggest adding a scroll bar, but other than that, the site is pretty sweet!

Canada

VGMMMMM

but this is awesome. I think it would be awesome to open it up to nsf, vgm, spc, etc,

Last edited by Jansaw (Oct 23, 2012 4:25 am)