WOW MAN!

I've just been running cajoNES synced and slaved to Ableton Live and also running in sync with my modular and Octatrack! You can drag the tempo around in Live and everything - including the NES - responds as it should.

Admittedly my NES is currently lying on it's top with wires hanging out of the expansion port and it is very early days, and there will be limitations but it works.

The code part is actually very simple. Once I've sussed out a few details I'll definitely be looking at grafting the sync code into Pulsar and PR8. NTRQ is a slightly different prospect because of it's use of the second controller so that will need some thinking about.

I'll post a better explanation and video soon.

Hrm...so what are the possibilities of this?

Turku, FIN

O M G ! ! !

Heosphoros wrote:

Hrm...so what are the possibilities of this?

just use your
IMAGINATION

But seriously, that's pretty cool. more and more things in chipmusic are getting midi sync. makes it lot easier to combine different sorts of hardware.
Go neil!

Unsubscribe

fuck YEA

shanghai

octatrack is so sick. jus sayin'

Milwaukee, WI

Goddammit. This means I'm about *this* close from selling all of my eprom materials/testcarts for a powerpak.

so is sync being passed through the Expansion port using a custom solution or via an ENIO?

WOW MAN!

Yeah. Like I said, early days but as a proof-of-concept it's encouraging.

I'm basically sending a 5V trigger at one of the bits on the second control pad port. The 'sync' comes from MIDI-to-trigger via my modular (MIDI notes entered into Live cause a trigger to be sent to the NES port) so it's quite basic. Pretty stable though smile

Unsubscribe

simple is good, will be only work as a slave then?

WOW MAN!
herr_prof wrote:

simple is good, will be only work as a slave then?

It only seems possible that way with the crude method I've used. I'm pretty sure that ENIO will be able to offer a better solution with bi-directional communication but I wanted to experiment to see what could be done with just the NES (though to be fair, my experimenting is so far not exactly like plug-and-play big_smile)

When I see the topic I think about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nlcrh4reWc

Just check it at 16 seconds wink

hutsvoid wrote:

When I see the topic I think about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nlcrh4reWc

Just check it at 16 seconds wink

Dude... volume warning..
gheez

Milwaukee, WI

Sweet!  Will definitely be using this with Pulsar a lot.

Matthew Joseph Payne

HOLY FUCK

WOW MAN!