Tempe, AZ

Im new to the modding scene and its been a blast.  Ive done some searching but I cant seem to find a consistent answer.I recently got a blue  asm backlight that was neat but kinda blurry. Anybody know which back light colors have the best contrast and clarity as far as vision? I understand biversion/inversion options are open as well.

Thanks alot guys.

Fargo

Biversion is really your best bet.  Green is pretty clear naturally.  White too.  If you are using LSDJ, you can turn on the invert option after installing inverted polarizing film, and it will have basically the same effect as biversion.

Tempe, AZ

oooh I see. Thanks. Any more suggestions anybody?

The Wild Wintery North

A red backlight looks really nice too. The whole red/black thing looks good, but it looks best with a DMG. I'm not sure about other devices. As for biversion-inversion, I don't know much about that. All I know is that with experience, the bright red backlight does make everything much easier to see, and is also really useful if you want to use it with a DMG in dark light.

Gosford, Australia

white inverted is def my fav. blue looks nice but the contrast is subdued, same with other colours. i've never biverted before cause i dont swing that way

East Kilbride, Scotland
Goughy wrote:

A red backlight looks really nice too. The whole red/black thing looks good, but it looks best with a DMG. I'm not sure about other devices. As for biversion-inversion, I don't know much about that. All I know is that with experience, the bright red backlight does make everything much easier to see, and is also really useful if you want to use it with a DMG in dark light.

Take into account colour blindness though when you buy (if that sort of thing affects you), because I've tried out red backlights and found them to be the most difficult to see hands down. Green/blue/white are really bright and clear.

Chicago

Green inverted + 74hc04 = one of the best imho

Here is a comparison between normal, inverted, followed by biversion.

Last edited by GoingHam (Oct 26, 2012 12:12 pm)

The Wild Wintery North
Sycamore Drive wrote:
Goughy wrote:

Take into account colour blindness though when you buy (if that sort of thing affects you), because I've tried out red backlights and found them to be the most difficult to see hands down. Green/blue/white are really bright and clear.

It really just depends on personal preference and experience. Green seems to be really clear as well, but it also depends on the make of the backlight.

Freiburg, Germany

Green is a good idea because the eye can discern more green hues than any other color, I did see a teal one recently that I also really liked which is why I bought a teal backlight that I'll receive shortly. Blue is usually quite hard on the eyes for seeing contrasts.

Freiburg, Germany

Oh yeah... Color-psychologically it should be taken into account that blues calm you and reds make you more active/aggressive ... what kind of music do you want to make? wink

Biverted red, pink, yellow, and white are my favourites. Everything else doesn't seem to have good enough contrast or is just painful to look at (which is why I'm not a fan of green).

clovis CA

to me, yellow and orange bl's are my fav's, just because they are easier on my eyes. more warm, but not hot wink

DC

i haven't gotten my gameboy yet, but from the pictures I've seen, cyan with and inverted and biverted screen look really sharp.

space, outer

i prefer inverted orange.  it works really good in most lighting conditions.