Orange County, CA
nitro2k01 wrote:

"how are you" and  "cease and desist".

without the transition of formalities of the request and the politeness of it, "how are you" and "cease and desist" have a comical effect right next to each other, I think tongue

Playboy Man-Baby

This is giving me a headache.

Brunswick, GA USA

"Please don't promote something I created in a way that could actually help me" isn't the same as "please don't rip off my stuff without attribution or payment."

Tacoma WA

well this is going to end well for everyone.

damn, I heard of this guy (riff raff). Shit blows. hmm Thoughts to sabrepulse!

Milwaukee, WI

Sabrepulse doesn't understand, he is not a musichead.

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Oct 30, 2012 10:52 pm)

Orange County, CA
Theta_Frost wrote:

Sabrepulse doesn't understand, he is not a musichead.

East Kilbride, Scotland

Mod Sun sure does keep shady company.

IL, US

its sad thats its even cliche to rip off sabrepulse in specific.. cant people rip off different artists at least?.. not even being creative in your theft sad

Tokyo, Japan

I tried it but esc rip off track got me no fame.

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA

The sad thing about it is if the producer who sampled the track gave some credit to sabrepulse there would be no problem. That's literally all he needed to do, and now him and his crew are getting attacked because of it.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

I never thought I would see Riff Raff being discussed in a Chipmusic forum...

I actually agree that a polite approach is much better... It makes me nervous when the chipscene attacks other artists who appreciate this music enough to "sample" it... Even if to them that means lifting the whole basis of the track and sticking a beat under it...

I don't know if attribution is the only issue here?
I hope it is...

but still... I hate the idea that the chip scene will be seen from the outside as an insular group of copyright nazi's instead of open minded copy-leftists
#thoughts #hatersgonhate

On top of everything, this has got to be one of the laziest instances of sampling I've ever seen. We've all seen some straight up rips before, but this is like 99% the original track.

Lexington, KY
Dot.AY wrote:

but still... I hate the idea that the chip scene will be seen from the outside as an insular group of copyright nazi's instead of open minded copy-leftists
#thoughts #hatersgonhate

I don't know if a ripoff like this constitutes us being seen like that. I hear you, but I'd say it's every bit his right, if not his obligation, do protect his own works.

Edit: ...but then again, I'm not a musichead.

Last edited by Solarbear (Oct 31, 2012 2:13 am)

Tacoma WA
Dot.AY wrote:

I never thought I would see Riff Raff being discussed in a Chipmusic forum...

I actually agree that a polite approach is much better... It makes me nervous when the chipscene attacks other artists who appreciate this music enough to "sample" it... Even if to them that means lifting the whole basis of the track and sticking a beat under it...

I don't know if attribution is the only issue here?
I hope it is...

#thoughts #hatersgonhate

that's the fucked up thing.  all he had to do was throw a nod and everyone would be cool

Austin, Texas

Man, I love it when people are assholes and then retroactively justify it with a senseless veneer of artistic pretense.

I guess we aren't music heads, though.