Freiburg, Germany

Hi there,

I've made a new track that I'd really like some constructive criticism for. All sounds were created in Nanoloop on the Game Boy and arranged and effects were added in Reaper.

http://soundcloud.com/lastfuture/upgrad … leepington

I know some people will shout fakebit now. Please do (I'd like to know how many people will). This is a kind of music I want to make though and I'd like constructive criticism of people who have no problem with this kind of approach.

P.S.: I've had the same problems as with the last track that 120 bpm in Nanoloop don't mean 120 bpm when recorded necessarily. Depending on the Pattern I recorded the results were all different lengths and I had to time stretch them to get them to line up. Is the USB to Link Cable adapter sold on the Nanoloop site a good idea to get a cheap MIDI clock solution or will an Arduinoboy be my weapon of choice?

Last edited by lastfuture (Oct 31, 2012 1:07 pm)

England

its a nice track. real floaty space out shit.

i dont think that you need to draw attention to yourself by trying to draw people in with the silly fakebit argument.

Tokyo, Japan

Yah, I agree, the titlle seems very trolly, would you mind changing it to something less inflammatory?

Thanks!

heart

Freiburg, Germany

I'm sorry, done.

Tokyo, Japan

Good chap! Thanks,

Montgomery, AL

I can't find anything to really criticize, it's a pretty hip track.

On the subject of Reaper, what effects are you using?  I'm currently using Reaper as well, but never get a chance to 'talk shop' with other users.  Whatever you're utilizing, you're doing pretty well with.

The Wild Wintery North

^ Nothing to criticize. It's a very easy-to-listen-to song. I don't care if it's fakebit or not, it's still chipmusic and a good song to listen to smile

Freiburg, Germany

Thanks for the compliments smile I'm looking forward to getting LSDJ in the mail soon. I'm starting to feel restricted by nanoloop's capabilities (esp. arrangement wise).

Pieces of Eight: I'm using a few of the JS effects, namely LOSER/stereo to widen the drums a bit, Filters/lowpass for the filter sweep in the beginning (though it is not behaving well, might find an alternative) and Filters/sweepinglowpass for the second bass line. ReaComp and ReaEQ are being used on some tracks as well as the master and I'm using Rob Papen RP-Delay and Reverberate, two VSTs I bought when they were significantly discounted on a few of the tracks, too.

.FILTHadelphia
lastfuture wrote:

I know some people will shout fakebit now. Please do (I'd like to know how many people will). This is a kind of music I want to make though and I'd like constructive criticism of people who have no problem with this kind of approach.

I don't know that anyone is shouting "FAKEBIT!" these days. Everyone I've ever talked to in the chip community has never said anything negative about people who choose modern DAWs over chip trackers. EDIT: (forgot to add this) If you're making the music you want to make then fuck what anyone else thinks.

A very chill track, I like it.

Last edited by defiantsystems (Oct 31, 2012 11:33 pm)