Hey guys!

i did this track for the Kitty On fire halloween compilation, and it got picked!
if i could get some CC on what to improve on that would be great

http://kittyonfirerecords.bandcamp.com/ … -this-song

bump, double posted i think it killed the thread

Chicago IL

you want CC on something that's already out? kinda defeats the point.

Saskrotch wrote:

you want CC on something that's already out? kinda defeats the point.

Just to see of i've improved

NC in the US of America

I hear some Pokemon influence.

It's funny. The endings of your songs are always the part I like, where it starts to get interesting and different.

There are some cool moments. I do see a bit of growth. I notice you altered your lead to match your bass note at times. Form and coherency seems to have improved a bit.

As far as CC goes:

I think your kicks could sustain a bit longer to add a bit of bass to the mix.

Try using some longer sustaining notes in your lead sometimes, maybe. Maybe a bit of melody would be nice.
Maybe use the other PULSE channel to harmonize with the lead or echo the lead during times where the bass is not present.
Try using a wider PULSE width like 25% and 50% for bass sometimes.

Personal appeal: Make a song that builds off the ending as a "Part 2" or something. It seems like you abort your tunes before they begin to mature. that's my humble opinion.

Ya know, same old same old.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Nov 2, 2012 8:08 am)

SketchMan3 wrote:

I hear some Pokemon influence.

It's funny. The endings of your songs are always the part I like, where it starts to get interesting and different.

There are some cool moments. I do see a bit of growth. I notice you altered your lead to match your bass note at times. Form and coherency seems to have improved a bit.

As far as CC goes:

I think your kicks could sustain a bit longer to add a bit of bass to the mix.

Try using some longer sustaining notes in your lead sometimes, maybe. Maybe a bit of melody would be nice.
Maybe use the other PULSE channel to harmonize with the lead or echo the lead during times where the bass is not present.
Try using a wider PULSE width like 25% and 50% for bass sometimes.

Personal appeal: Make a song that builds off the ending as a "Part 2" or something. It seems like you abort your tunes before they begin to mature. that's my humble opinion.

Ya know, same old same old.

Funny you mention the aborting, there was a bit after that ending where it goes into a breakdown and then into a techno section but i ditched that