Hey all,
I'm fairly new to the chip scene and I've just finished my first composition in LSDJ. Let me know what you guys think, and how it can be improved upon.

http://soundcloud.com/rasterbits/the-le … -skvoznyak

I still consider it a work in progress, although the bulk of the work is done.

The Wild Wintery North

I like it. At some points, I think the drums don't fit, but otherwise its nice. Question though. First, how did you get that echo effect? I've been puzzling over it for ages at no avail. Second, what about that whole sort of sliding sound? Were you using the WAV channel for your main melody? What's like, the detatails or something on how it's made. Idk, I like to know how stuff is made.

Thanks, man! Any specific times where you feel like the drums don't fit? Because the drums have actually seemed like a bit of a problem area to me too in just a few spots. Too redundant or something, I can't quite figure it out.
To be honest, a lot of the echo effect I cheated to get. smile I recorded it track by track into Audition and played around with it a bit in there. The main melody is in the pulse channels actually. The sweeping is just done with the L command. Play with it a bit, it's pretty good for humanizing things a bit.

The Wild Wintery North

Sounds cool. My cousin says that I can create some kind of echo with the S command (or was it R?). But, i tried that and it just sort of dims the tune and stuff.

The Wild Wintery North

And btw, I think that the drum is definitely sounding too heavy at around 0.35 (right after your drop/spike thing). I would maybe lay it off there, maybe change your drum to a fuller sound or just completely cut it out. That's really the only part that it doesn't sound right. It just seems a bit to soon to add in that drum section with that specific sound and stuff.

Granada, Spain
Goughy wrote:

Sounds cool. My cousin says that I can create some kind of echo with the S command (or was it R?). But, i tried that and it just sort of dims the tune and stuff.

You can just create a echo playing with envelopes in the command column, or also with different instruments with different envelope!
And i like the song, i like the drums, i dont think that they doesnt fit, but maybe a differents chains for the drums would be cool, but hey, if its your first lsdj song its really nice, its not the usual pulsekicke3sweep with a 4-on-the-floor, go for it, man wink

NC in the US of America
Goughy wrote:

RF# retriggers the note at decreasing volume levels, I believe. #=a number. The lower the number, the more rapid the retriggers.

The Wild Wintery North

That's right! I remember reading that in the manual once, but I briefly skipped over it as I was looking for something else.

São Paulo, Brazil
Goughy wrote:

http://www.noisechannel.org/4409