the Netherlands

Hi there!

Like the subject allready tells, I try to load some sav files in KiGB emulator on my Mac. But, I can't get it to work. Salving this problem brought me here but I still can't get it to work. After downloading KiGb, here's what I tried to make it work...

1. I tried to name the .sav file the same as the .gb file and open it from the same folder (didn't work)
2. I tried to find the Battery Ram rom folder in my libary (didn't work)
3. I tried to make tender love to my beloved .sav file and tried all of the above again (didn't work)

Can anyone help me out?

I mentioned this in the "best emulator" topic, but 10.7 and above hide your library it's in the user library (users/yourname/library/applicationsupport/ and so forth.

type this into the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

then type:

killall Finder

this will show the hidden folders that the kigb battery saves are in users/yourname/library/applicationsupport/bannister. pull that folder into your dock or into the sidebar of a finder window (where the shortcuts are) and hide the folders again...

with : defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

killall Finder

don't know why apple decided to hide these folders.

a source-more info

Last edited by 9H05T (Nov 14, 2012 4:17 pm)

the Netherlands

It worked! Thanks a lot for your your help!!!

no worries. I was pulling my hair out when I first upgraded to 10.7

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 10:49 pm)

I'm actually having a similar problem. However, I've been able to locate the Battery RAM. I'm playing pokemon Blue and want to transfer a save from VBA but when I put the .sav file in the Battery RAM folder of KiGB the emulator simply ignores the save file and asks me if I want to start a new game.

Any help would be appreciated.

uhajdafdfdfa

are you sure the filename is right?

start a new game so it creates a new sav and then use exactly the same filename

I have the correct filenames.

I tried a bunch of testing and I came to the conclusion that regardless of what files are in the Battery RAM folder KiGB overwrites them with the game state that it loaded previously. Everything I copy an updated save from either a new or old game KiGB will load the save state it last saved not the state that it was given from another computer, and in doing this it overwrites the connents of whatever file I have pasted into the Battery RAM folder. I've tried deleting all the files in the folder and copying both ROM and Save file over from the other computer but the same problem still persists.

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

I got this to work. I deleted the sav file in Battery Ram called lsdj_4_6_9_stable.sav, renamed my copy of lsdj to somethingrandomlsdj.gb and put in my sav file in Battery Ram as somethingrandomlsdj.sav. All I had to do was rename files.