Australia

Hey, we ran Syntax Demoparty (Australia) this weekend and had a few interesting things come out of it. 

The first item on this video is "work in progress" but coming along pretty well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAWcYjHWi3g

While the replay function is the main feature at the moment, eventually Sanity intends to add support for MIDI.  I'm going to request a feature for "loop points" so you can call back (via MIDI) timed loops of audio to the SID which will make it a perfect live performance tool for using a real SID chip based to data capped from a real tracker.  But there is a feature in dev for playing the SID live with a synth / via DAW MIDI output too.

EARLY DAYS in dev, but thought I'd post the vid.  Also, lots of C64 stuff in here.  Check out those trading envolopes from the disk mailing days!!!

Cool!
That has a lot of potential. Would be awesome to make it play loops in sync with midi.

You could use, for example, a gameboy with an arduinoboy and get the SID-player to play loops of bass lines or melodies in time...

If it would have an mpc style button top for selecting loops, it would be the perfect live machine big_smile

Milwaukee, WI

Very cool  MIDI triggered loops of track sequenced from trackers would be superb!

Australia

Wouldn't it!!!  I'll get in contact with Sanity and see if he can join up here and keep us updated :-)   Only problem would be register reset on loop - but I think it would mainly be ok.

Hey !  Wow, the wonders of Google!   It somehow brought me here...

Timbob: Definitely want to add more midi support.  I also want the ability to do onboard sequencing of basslines and drum loops.  What I might do first is work on the transcribing software and convert tunes into some common format that I can tie into an on-board sequencer.  This will mean a lot more work in re-creating arpeggios and modulations, but worth it I think to be able to reuse just part of a song, like just the bassline and play along with it.  What do you think?

Theta: This reminds me of another idea.... there maybe something already like it, but just a VST that allows you to load a XM/MOD file and MIDI control the instruments, tempo, track on / off????  Maybe there is something?

cTrix:  The delta demo I created a loop for back to the start.  Most of the registered (depending on the replay) are reset very regularly.  I haven't changed anything on it since the weekend, but will get back to the Windows capture software so I can  release it.

Sanity/TTT

Very cool!  Look forward to seeing your progress.
Great work.

Unsubscribe

I didnt have a chance to see the video but is this meant to work with the harsid, or even the hacked hardsid to midibox sid?