The Mountains

I had this idea last night, it seemed to make sense at the time

It seems there is a home/front page on the way, that is good. I was thinking if it could be made to work with whatever was in mind, it might not be a bad idea to include a flyer of an upcoming event/festie (or more than one) on the home page, even if off to the side or not completely obnoxiously in your face.

That way, I could happily include www.Chipmusic.org on a flyer/handbill, people see the flyer somewhere, go to www.Chipmusic.org, they instantly see the flyer which would link to a forum post on the site with more detailed information about the event that isn't on the flyer. And FWIW might draw in more traffic to the site.

IL, US

thats actually an interesting idea..

The Mountains

you say that as if I've never had an interesting idea

jerk

FERNDALE, MI, USA

i like this idea.

Austin, TX
octavialsilver wrote:

i like this idea.

+1

IL, US

haha, im just not that used to good ideas coming from posts on the forums smile maybe because you dont post a ton

BK

I like the idea, I just wonder what's going to determine which events get listed on the side of the page when a few large ones are coming up.  Maybe an algorithm that alternates them on each pageload? Or possibly some sort of targeting by location of user?

Los Angeles

I personally don't like the idea... well at least the way I pictured it when I read the post... aka a big flier. Because there are alot of badly designed fliers out there that might not look so hot on the frontpage. However, there will be a events section, which could be on the front page, aka "Upcoming events..." with thumbnail sized fliers, might not be so bad.

Los Angeles
Kris k wrote:

I like the idea, I just wonder what's going to determine which events get listed on the side of the page when a few large ones are coming up.  Maybe an algorithm that alternates them on each pageload? Or possibly some sort of targeting by location of user?

They would be in order of date, the sooner the event, the closer to the top of the list.

IL, US

yeah, i was thinking for the large flyer, doing a randomized showing, but the thumbnails may work better, as long as they are large enough to not make my eyes implode from trying to make them out smile

Los Angeles
e.s.c. wrote:

yeah, i was thinking for the large flyer, doing a randomized showing, but the thumbnails may work better, as long as they are large enough to not make my eyes implode from trying to make them out smile

It would have date, location, and small description and flier thumbnail on the front page, clicking the entry would of course take you to the event's page with a larger flier.

The Mountains

Yes, that's the ticket

I see this beneficial for promoting in my own town as almost nobody is educated in the ways of chip, and would make easy for them to locate information I want them to have

The Mountains

also perhaps by request only, as not everyone would require this service, and as long as the flyer isn't a piece of garbage cock

IL, US

/me goes and renames his upcoming chip event "piece of garbage cock"

The Mountains

I demand royalties for any and all clickthroughs

IL, US

hahaha...its chicago, rarely does anyone come out anyway