On the subject of hitting boxes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZNqkZ6T4B8
Doo Rag does it pretty good

The guitarist's solo project is Bob Log 3, definitely as hipster as blues can get.

vancouver, canada
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

that's old news, check out some of the sick 2 x cardboard box tracks that are coming out these days

Playboy Man-Baby
bryface wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

that's old news, check out some of the sick 2 x cardboard box tracks that are coming out these days

tinfoil link cable

Joliette, QC, Canada

The number of times that I got underestimated, ignored or getting talk-shit on my back cause of the style of music I'm doing...I just don't care about what the other says or do nowadays and anyway music exist to let us throw our emotions and feelings...
You don't like that ? Deal with it bro !!!

New Albany Indiana

Is mainstream music serious? They" seriously release crappy stuff every week and spend no actual time recording.

Tell your friend people said that hip-hop was just a simple fad too. And, much like chiptune, for every really good hip-hop artist, there have always been a bunch of shitty or tongue-in-cheek novelty hip-hop acts. Any point he makes about chiptune could apply to just about any other genre as well.

Chicago IL

yo if you want people to take the genre seriously stop putting 8-bit versions of pop music on youtube

Playboy Man-Baby
Saskrotch wrote:

stop putting 8-bit versions of pop music on youtube

Saskrotch wrote:

Saskrotch wrote:

Brunswick, GA USA
egr wrote:

I'm not surprised by that attitude at all.
There's three major portrayals of chipmusic on the internet:

1.  The YouTube version:  snip
2.  The Facebook version:  snipsnip
3.  An artist's website or label:  [cover art] [title] [tracklist]

Two of those are immediate and possibly permanent turn-offs.  The other is fine but doesn't do anything to explain or promote the scene... which is also fine.

I do number three, and I wonder; is a simple "visit cm.org" call with that album what is needed to make it better?

Seattle, WA US

guys what if I murder a classroom of kindergartners in the name of chip then will people take us seriously??

Playboy Man-Baby
boaconstructor wrote:

guys what if I murder a classroom of kindergartners in the name of chip then will people take us seriously??

go 4 it bro

Seattle, WA US

not a joke 8bit needs a martyr

Canada

Seattle, WA US

I was thinking about selling my balls so I could afford to start the ultimate chip label/festival, pay a promotion company, fly in/out artists, build a professional studio, and buy a white DMG. Is that serious enough?

Abandoned on Fire
chunter wrote:
egr wrote:

I'm not surprised by that attitude at all.
There's three major portrayals of chipmusic on the internet:

1.  The YouTube version:  snip
2.  The Facebook version:  snipsnip
3.  An artist's website or label:  [cover art] [title] [tracklist]

Two of those are immediate and possibly permanent turn-offs.  The other is fine but doesn't do anything to explain or promote the scene... which is also fine.

I do number three, and I wonder; is a simple "visit cm.org" call with that album what is needed to make it better?

I don't know... We don't typically take kindly to strangers round these parts.  I also don't know a better place to learn.

Playboy Man-Baby
boaconstructor wrote:

I was thinking about selling my balls so I could afford to start the ultimate chip label/festival, pay a promotion company, fly in/out artists, build a professional studio, and buy a white DMG. Is that serious enough?

I said it before; I'll say it again: someone needs to die

or chiptune secks scandal

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Nov 22, 2012 1:14 am)