Las Vegas

Yo community! I was just wondering what preference some of you have for your wav. basses reguarding triangle, saw or square wave. Do you use one type of wav. frequency or do you vary it up from song to song. Also if you use just one type, why do you use it more than the others?

Lexington, KY

Draw a nice sine WAV an then cut a little notch in the WAV for some sweet distortion sound.

Murcia, Spain
Solarbear wrote:

Draw a nice sine WAV an then cut a little notch in the WAV for some sweet distortion sound.

+1

The Wild Wintery North

I really haven't figured out my preferences yet. I'm one for fiddling around with the synth options to see what I can make. I do like using the LSDJ Patchbook (by cheapshot). Some of the submissions are really helpful in finding something cool to use.

WARP + high resonance

NC in the US of America

I like to mix it up, depending on the mood of the tune.

Playboy Man-Baby

F command like crazy in the phrases.

I just mess with settings till it sounds good, if I get weird ones that I like a save it as a template for later.

I like all wav

orange county, CA
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

F command like crazy in the phrases.

srsly.

Las Vegas

Thanks for the responses, Im not really looking into making any sounds, just interested in what other people are doing or which wav. type they prefer to use.

New Albany Indiana

v command with low octave

orange county, CA
Hide Your Tigers wrote:

Thanks for the responses, Im not really looking into making any sounds, just interested in what other people are doing or which wav. type they prefer to use.

i see, mostly Saw for me.

babylon

i mostly use triangles and sometimes squares. never saws. i always set to manual and then tinker with the drawings. also i notice a lot of people try to make "dirty" bass and to me it sounds like they sacrifice most of theyre low end to do it. ive always preferred more "simple" stuff. i use quarta 330 for a template when i make bass, if it sounds anywhere close to his then i figure im doing ok and continue.

.FILTHadelphia

Fuck around until I haven't heard it before in another LSDJ song and then back it up with a Pulse bass for extra bassiness. Usually a 50% duty cycle with a 12.5% change mid table with a fuck load of vibrato. Sometimes a weird pitchbend on the end for added excitement.

Utah
defiantsystems wrote:

Sometimes a weird pitchbend on the end for added excitement.

That's what she said.