Austin, Texas
danimal cannon wrote:

Don't really give shit.

hardcore, Australia

My music hasn't been posted so I'm going to request that he link a download of it so I have something to complain about.

TSSBAY01

the problem isnt the blog. the problem is that it is a shitty blog. shitty writeups and it is done poorly, then if you download something, you get a file that says some shit like 'SerrrtahphaeedTekneeshan - PlesteekDeezkuhlorayshon'. perhaps these are poor criticisms to make toward a blog that shares downloads of chip releases. but put it this way playas, i would not suggest this blog to my friends for fear of ridicule. i wouldnt say any of the descriptions of the artists music shared there is anything that would make me interested to listen to the music, and isnt that the point of a blog in the first place.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

i wouldnt say any of the descriptions of the artists music shared there is anything that would make me interested to listen to the music, and isnt that the point of a blog in the first place.

Actually it's a question of POV. Some descriptions really got me interested.

I help run this blog, although i'm not responsible for the download links or the posts. Just the fb page, the owner of the blog has seen this topic....
so, address your problems to me

Last edited by I'mHeadingForABombShelter (Nov 24, 2012 10:33 pm)

Madison, Alabama

the problem isnt the blog. the problem is that it is a shitty blog.

I actually didn't think it was a shitty blog.  The descriptions are short, but lots of links to the artists work are provided.  It's obvious that a lot of work is put into the blog.

I was just giving people a heads-up about the mediafire thing, which is a bit shady (ha-ha!) as far as paid content goes.  I'm not even sure if it has any bearing on CC-licensed stuff that's free any way, since attribution is given.

TSSBAY01

it doesnt look like a lot of work goes into the blog to me. im not trying to be a dick or anything or slag that its for the artists, but then again, one could argue that if a lot of work were going into it that maybe there wouldnt be full releases from artists who are charging for their work there.

Words

Last edited by TheEndOfLiberty (Nov 22, 2013 1:51 am)

it doesnt look like a lot of work goes into the blog to me. im not trying to be a dick or anything or slag that its for the artists, but then again, one could argue that if a lot of work were going into it that maybe there wouldnt be full releases from artists who are charging for their work there.

Dude, the blog is hard to run. HEAPS of the guys time goes into posting.

Sydney, NSW
I'mHeadingForABombShelter wrote:

Sometimes, time =/= quality.
My English teachers keep telling the class this. You can spend half the exam time writing fifty pages of essays, but you mightn't actually answer the question and you could get shitty marks, in comparo to a kid that spent thirty minutes and wrote three pages and scored full-marks.

If somebody tells you that the content could be better, saying that you spent a long time on it really isn't a valid justification. Perhaps take the criticism on board and spend more time and effort on the content.

Also, it's kinda cool that CRTified Technician is on there! I've been following Dtrx's works for a while and he definitely needs more attention, haha.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
danimal cannon wrote:

Don't really give shit.

yeah, I don't mind my stuff being on there. I get hits from it every once in a while.

Words

Last edited by TheEndOfLiberty (Nov 22, 2013 1:52 am)

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil
Chainsaw Police wrote:
I'mHeadingForABombShelter wrote:

Sometimes, time =/= quality.
My English teachers keep telling the class this. You can spend half the exam time writing fifty pages of essays, but you mightn't actually answer the question and you could get shitty marks, in comparo to a kid that spent thirty minutes and wrote three pages and scored full-marks.

If somebody tells you that the content could be better, saying that you spent a long time on it really isn't a valid justification. Perhaps take the criticism on board and spend more time and effort on the content.

Also, it's kinda cool that CRTified Technician is on there! I've been following Dtrx's works for a while and he definitely needs more attention, haha.

But while time spent != quality, it can be = effort. And if he puts so much time as I'mHeadingForABombShelter, it shows he at least likes it very much.

IL, US
TheEndOfLiberty wrote:

Actually, fuck it. Because people are too rash to just notify any possibly concerned artists to ask him to remove any music they really want taken down, I'm just going to download every single piece of music on this, free or not, and never pay for another piece of music again (especially chip). You have ruined my favourite blog over your pettiness, so I will be even more petty. Even more loathesome than you.

your favorite blog? oh god, what will you do now? yikes
wish people could keep in mind that the artists in this scene (and most underground music scenes) are broke as hell, they work day jobs and cram in the time to still write music and share it... if they think it should be paid for, pay for it... we arent talking about the difference between 14 luxury cars and 15 for these people, sometimes its the difference between going hungry and eating... cough up $5 and if credit cards arent your thing, buy prepaid gift cards, you lazy jerks

California

Edit: nvm, e.s.c. said it better

Last edited by VCMG (Nov 25, 2012 12:39 am)

Madison, Alabama
TheEndOfLiberty wrote:

Actually, fuck it. Because people are too rash to just notify any possibly concerned artists to ask him to remove any music they really want taken down, I'm just going to download every single piece of music on this, free or not, and never pay for another piece of music again (especially chip). You have ruined my favourite blog over your pettiness, so I will be even more petty. Even more loathesome than you.

Holy shit dude.  Chill out.  Why is it that everyone reacts SO strongly?

I posted this blog as a simple heads-up to artists who want money for their work.  This forum is mostly frequented by artists.  Some of them might care about their stuff being posted for free.  (For the record, my stuff is on that blog and I don't care, because my stuff is free already, and I kind of like that blog.  I'm not trying to make a living at chip music.  Anamanaguchi is, and maybe they won't like their stuff posted for free on blogs, I dunno.)

As far as cm.org threads go, this has been pretty mild, honestly, so I'm confused about why you're taking such huge offense.

The most offensive thing in this entire thread, in my opinion, is your statement about "anyone dumb enough to pay for digital music."  Because, hey, people who just release music digitally are fucktards who don't deserve money, right? 

One thing the blog in question does right is not posting added content.  Danimal Cannon's Roots album, as downloaded from the blog, doesn't come with the lsdsngs and .sav files.  That's a nice move on the blog's part, because bonus content like source files are things people pay for.  Good on the blog.

But heaven forbid someone get paid for releasing an album as mp3!