Freiburg, Germany

Hello,

I've picked up a Game Boy Micro at a flea market yesterday because I want to give nanoloop 2.6 a spin. Unfortunately despite the otherwise perfect condition of the Micro I noticed very prominent hiss and noise on headphones.

Is this expected or have I bought a lemon here? I'm prepared to shell out moar bucks for a second GBA compatible model (Advance, Advance SP frontlit, Advance SP backlit or micro) that I can use for recordings and I'd like to know if any of you can provide me with insight about what would be my best choice sound wise.

You don't need to take price, battery, backlight or even ergonomic button layout into account, just the sound and signal to noise ratio. Non-backlit or unergonomic is fine as I'll be composing on the micro and recording at home from the second machine. Also, it seems to be easy enough to track down all models for roughly the same price if you know how to use ebay to your advantage.

Philly, PA, USA

micro hisses pretty bad, i've taken to (when using nanoloop 2.x) using the micro for composition but then using something else for recording. i think i remember people saying the DS lite had the best sound but I just use an old GBA because that's what i have.

Freiburg, Germany

Oh yeah totally forgot some of the DSs also support GBA cartridges. I'll check, but I think they're harder to find for a cheap buck than any of the pre-DS systems

Milwaukee, WI

I just got 2.6 for my micro.  The hiss is pretty bad, but I don't notice it too much.  I plan on using the Datathrash PISSbox live.

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Nov 26, 2012 3:09 am)