Brooklon

To put it simply We Love CultureFix. It's hard to define exactly what it is - From tapas bar to artspace to musical venue, CultureFix has been a beacon in the Lower East Side for creativity, hosting acts ranging from classical music to comedy to experimental audiovisual pieces. Importantly, it has also been one of the places willing to take a chance on chipmusic in recent years. Cole Shaffer and Ari Stern, the proprietors, have been extremely supportive of experimental music, hosting CDM's HandMade Music events and giving experimental artists a chance to express themselves in a welcoming, accepting space.

Recently, Culturefix was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sandy. Due to loss of power and event cancellations as a result of the storm, the venue took a significant financial hit, to the tune of nearly $20,000. As frequent patrons of CultureFix, we feel like the least we can do is give a little something back to this place that was so accepting and helped us to hone our craft, and where we've made so many fond memories.

To this end, we'd like to announce Fix CultureFix: a Lo-bit Fundraiser.

December 14th, 7-11pm
FREEEEEE , 21+

Appearing at Fix CultureFix will be:

Kris Keyser
exileFaker
Note!
L-Tron
Batsly Adams

The artists have also graciously donated some fun stuff that will be raffled off, with the proceeds to benefit CultureFix as well. This includes (but is not limited to):

One backlit prosounded Game Boy modded by Kris Keyser
One LSDJ cartridge containing save data from the acts playing the benefit
One Super Gameboy 2 owned by Note!
A USB Flash Drive containing MYSTERIOUS CONTENTS FROM BEYOND THE BEYOND (probably more sav data, exclusive tracks, etc)
...and more!

Come out and support the arts and general awesomeness in the LES!

Last edited by Note! (Dec 13, 2012 6:21 pm)

Montclair, NJ

Even the fundraisers are fuckin 21 plus

Brooklon

This is happening this friday! Let's see how much we can do for a great venue! CH33PTONES CARES!!!

Unsubscribe

I played here, and its an awesome space with yum food. Hook them up!

BK

Announcement! This show is now FREE. We would love it if you bought drinks and food at the venue to help support CultureFix. I think you'll love it too- they have an amazing menu of food and drinks at very reasonable prices. Please come hang out, fill your bellies and drink to your heart's content.

Boulder, CO

Will be there purchasing many drinks as usual. What is this chip music stuff you speak of?

edit: If there is no dubhorn, I'm leaving.

Last edited by AdamGetsAwesome (Dec 14, 2012 12:42 am)

Brooklon
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

wow, bro. peer pressure much? JEEZUs

heart

Boulder, CO
Note! wrote:
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

wow, bro. peer pressure much? JEEZUs

heart

I never said who should lay down the dubhorn. Guilty conscience much?

Brooklon
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

Guilty conscience much?

So many sleepless nights. Thinking of all the dub horn that could have been.