I'm looking to remove the battery holder and solder the 3v onto the board to fit it into and old school cart. So.. stupid question. I should just be able to solder the battery to the two points on either side of where the holder currently sits, yeah? One is on the left next to where it says "gb64usb11", and the other on the opposite side of the holder. Suggestions for wiring it?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/q … directlink

Sweeeeeeden

But why? Why destroy a functioning (?) EMS64 cartridge? Buy a GB cart replacement battery and solder wires onto the battery tabs, or better yet, solder that battery into place on the other cartridge you have. You will typically only need to change the battery every few years so it can't be that much of a hassle.

Well, you'll be able to solder a different battery. Don't solder directly to a battery without tabs, they can explode.

You still might have trouble closing the cartridge after relocating it, some of the components are questionably high on the PCB for a classic gameboy cart case. You'll be able to close it, but might not be able to open it without brute force.

This confuses me. The cart is functioning, but the battery holder makes the pcb too big for an old dmg cart. The holder is unnecessary for the function of the pcb, so I should be able to just solder it down after removing the holder, yes?

Also thanks for the advice, keep the tabs.

Last edited by 8bitDAD (Dec 2, 2012 7:18 am)

I mean you'll need a new battery with tabs built in. Don't solder directly to the stock battery. I had a fairly serious injury from an exploding button cell battery, so it's wise not to take any risks.

It's not just the height of the battery that's a problem, it's the position of it too.

Ape: that was initially a response to nitro, followed by an edit nod to your battery explosion warning. Works done, wired to tabs, holds a save. Thanks for the warning!