São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:

You can set the adaptor to sync mode with ./nlmidi02 -SYNC (note the CAPS) so that sync mode remains when the adaptor is removed. You should then be able to use it with any USB-MIDI host.
However, in most cases, that will be a PC. USB with its host/client architecture is a PC technology.

Of course you can sync it to an other device through the PC. I haven't tried sync yet, but I could for example play mGB with a USB-MIDI keyboard attached to the PC.

What I was trying to do is let nanoloop receive midi clock from lsdj (that modified lsdj version by trash80s). But when I just connect my midi/usb cable on the nano midi adapter, nanoloop goes crazy on the sync screen, running the steps randomly.

oliver wrote:

If there is some demand, I can try to make a real MIDI-adaptor with the same functionality as the USB version.

I believe that would be highly appreciated by the community, once a lot of people don't know or don't have the patience for building an arduinoboy.

Freiburg, Germany
PULSELOOPER wrote:

What I was trying to do is let nanoloop receive midi clock from lsdj (that modified lsdj version by trash80s). But when I just connect my midi/usb cable on the nano midi adapter, nanoloop goes crazy on the sync screen, running the steps randomly.

Have you put nanoloop into slave mode and lsdj into nano master sync mode (see respective manuals)?

isn't there a nanoloop sync mode in lsdj that would let you sync both just via link cable? or is there a 3rd party you wish to sync with midi?

nashville,tn

If there is some demand, I can try to make a real MIDI-adaptor with the same functionality as the USB version.

yes i think so good sir-not needing a computer as an intermediary to integrate midi sync would be awesome, I also think the older versions of nanoloop would be worth releasing, so as to install different versions on different carts. i.e nl 1.5 has enough features nl 1.6 doesn't(and vice versa) to the extent that it changes the possibilities and direction of composition

Brooklon
oliver wrote:

I think there would be great demand for this! I would definitely pick one up. That's the only thing would stop me from picking one up right now tbh

São Paulo, Brazil
oliver wrote:

isn't there a nanoloop sync mode in lsdj that would let you sync both just via link cable? or is there a 3rd party you wish to sync with midi?

Ok, I should've explained what I'm trying to do.

My main goal is to use LSDJ as a midi controller, releasing midi out data to a drum machine (clock), a shruthi (notes and CC) and nanoloop (clock). So, that's why I was trying to get Nano to receive sync via midi.