I'm not sure where to post this, but I figured that if I posted it here the people that need to see it will. I finally got mGB working with my new nanoloop USB. I have my midi keyboard sending midi to a simple patch in MaxMSP which I use to manipulate which channels are sent to the NanoUSB. Everything works fantastic, except for one issue.

If I turn the touch response on my keyboard off (or if the velocities for all my notes are the same), the 'sustain' function does not behave properly on PU2. Here is an audio clip that demonstrates what is happening:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2r8ekzs8n1gk5 … glitch.mp3

And this is what I am doing in this clip:

1. Play simple staccato phrase with sustain function OFF to midi channel 1 (PU1)
2. Play same phrase with sustain function ON to midi channel 1
3. Play same phrase with sustain function OFF to midi channel 2 (PU2)
4. Play same phrase with sustain function ON to midi channel 2

It seems like when the velocities do not change on channel 2, mGB changes notes without retriggering the note. When I send notes to midi channel 5 with the sustain function ON on all channels, PU2 shows the same behavior and is simply silent when it gets to that channel's turn to play.

This begs the question- how are you supposed to correctly send note messages without retrigger messages, or retrigger messages without note messages to mGB?

Where can I find documentation on what midi messages do what on the mGB? I want to be able to change pulse width, panning, envelop, etc on the fly. I know this is possible, but how?

Would it be possible to release a tool that allows you to paste the bytes for replacing some of those noise WAV patterns with your own? Or at the very least the ROM location, so I can change it with my hex editor?

Since the NanoUSB is easy and cheap, mGB is becoming a much more plausible tool for many of us. Is there any reason why mGB is not open source?

Well, I found the documentation (for some reason I overlooked it on the Arduinoboy page...). I'm going to be working on a MaxMSP patch that makes up for some of mGB's weaknesses... stay tuned.

Freiburg, Germany

I'm dreaming of 16 (or is it 32?) additional cc messages on the wave channel adressing each individual sample of the waveform and thus creating the ability of sending entire waveforms via midi and automating wavetable sweeps or volume sweeps etc.

Please make this happen, who ever is or will be in control of mgb.

Last edited by lastfuture (Dec 6, 2012 2:44 am)

IL, US
lastfuture wrote:

who ever is or will be in control of mgb.

thatd be the same guy who runs this site... hes a busy dude, but can sometimes be lured out of hiding with tacos

Abandoned on Fire
e.s.c. wrote:

... lured out of hiding with tacos

tacos for the mods

Well I just discovered that there's no way to turn a channel into the MUTE position with the pan CC, that's a bummer.

washington
lastfuture wrote:

Please make this happen, who ever is or will be in control of mgb.

I think it's Trash80, same guy who developed the arduinoboy.