the ancient hills

first off, hello, I'm new.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but in case it hasn't. I was up and running in Fami on a mac in about 3 steps and 5 min.

first make sure you have xcode installed. (it's on your install disk)

download FT

then download and install wine/winebottler.
http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

launch winebottler select the FT .exe. (I selected to run it windows2000 and it doesn't hiccup.) and hit the button that creates an ap.

done.

also, my bad if this is in the wrong section...It was a toss up between "software" and "how to"

Don't know if this works past 10.5.11 my computer is 2 years old.

Last edited by memories_of_arcadia (Mar 12, 2010 8:58 am)

astral cat

i think you need to go into more detail...

astral cat

holy fuck.. i think i got it to work now. I LOVE UUUUUUUUUU!

))<>((

lol, not really much of a guide, just running FamiTracker in Wine, but I guess if it helps some one, it's great.

also, lol @ 'no terminal'

I guess the average Mac user is scared of the Terminal. tongue

astral cat

i had never heard of wine before this lol

New York City

Hm.. it runs great in Crossover.

astral cat

the notes are sort of skippy and stuff, i'll try crossover smile

New York City

I just gave it a better try at Crossover, it seems the same, performance is ass.
sad

BAH, fixed it, in FAmitracker preferences, augment the latency of the sound driver.

big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 12, 2010 1:18 pm)

astral cat
akira^8GB wrote:

I just gave it a better try at Crossover, it seems the same, performance is ass.
sad

BAH, fixed it, in FAmitracker preferences, augment the latency of the sound driver.

big_smile

can't seem to find that option hmm

the ancient hills

sorry, I wasn't having audio glitches. I probably should have tried to open a few busy tunes to test but it was 3 am. I've got a couple ideas for a slightly less buggy solution. will follow up. I was just happy to see the interface and thought I'd report in.

edited because I'm cranky when I wake up.

Last edited by memories_of_arcadia (Mar 12, 2010 4:57 pm)

New York City

As I said, in Crossover, as soon as you change the latency in the Famitracker options, to something like 50ms, it works well.
It might be the same for Wine but Crossover seems nicer than Wine.

astral cat
akira^8GB wrote:

As I said, in Crossover, as soon as you change the latency in the Famitracker options, to something like 50ms, it works well.
It might be the same for Wine but Crossover seems nicer than Wine.

wine is weird for me, it crashed when i tried to install the program lol i might buy crossover when i get some money, this seems like the perfect solution for my famitracker needs

philly

i got wine bottler and famitracker working together... however copy and paste is not working - anyone know why?

Chicago IL
alex_mauer wrote:

i got wine bottler and famitracker working together... however copy and paste is not working - anyone know why?

you might have to do control or option c/v instead of command c/v? (i don't have any of these things running on my mac though)

Milwaukee, WI

Also, there's a linux and mac port someone has been working on that is pretty far down the pipeline.  The linux flavor has already had a beta release.

http://famitracker.com/forum/posts.php?id=4400

philly
alex_mauer wrote:

i tried both control+C/V and command+C/V, as well as using the drop down menu for copying and pasting - nothing worked