Andromeda's Black Hole

So I'm getting new buttons for my gameboy pocket. I don't really like the old scratched up ones it has. Justin installed a 1/8" pro-sound mod and a backlight. This would be my very first time opening up a piece of hardware and from the looks of it I'm going to have to dismantle it quite a bit before i can change the buttons. My main concern is that I won't be able to fit back the extra cables and pro-sound chip back into the gameboy. I looked around for a tutorial on how to only change the buttons but I can't find it. I'm sure plenty of people here have done this procedure. Any links you can fire at me?

matt's mind

changing the buttons really isn't hard.  its just a matter of taking out the screws and lifting the PCB out of the case to swap them out.  and putting it back together the same way.....

but, with the mods installed it might be tricky.  particularly with the backlight.  i'm not sure how he installs them, if he's taping the panel in place or whatever...  the way that mod installs in a pocket you might find its sort of loose and not solidly stationed like in a dmg.

so, be real considerate when removing the PCB from the case...  there might be a loose backlight in there...

the only worry about the prosound mod is when you take everything apart don't yank the wires.  i can't think of anything else with that...

easy mod, usually, might be tricky with the mods installed.  just keep that in mind

Andromeda's Black Hole

I'll ask Justin about the backlight. Thanks, kitsch. really helpful as always.

Cleveland, OH

Just to add to this I put two dabs of hot glue at the top of the backlight and LCD so that nothing shifts.
But do exactly what kitsch said and you will be fine. The biggest thing to look out for is when you're closing it back up you have to make sure no points are going to pinch the wires.