wink only time will tell!

http://i41.tinypic.com/dzpjl.png

and to make things even more confussing here is a conversation between me and smiletron with our names both being David.

David
i saw
but what is it haha
19:52David
chiptune wiki
19:53David
ohshiii
19:53David
and resource for gigs n shit
so its not usually just one ugly forum post
19:54David
yeah i hear ya
but there will be a API so you can sync to shit like facebook and last.fm whatnot
gonna make people who arnt in the scene ALOT MORE INTERESTED
sweeet
yeah
19:55David
will keep an archive of poast shows/pictures what not

Liverpool, UK

TLDR - like last.fm, but for gigs

lets get dis chip scene organised yall

Seattle, WA

this is cool

Unsubscribe

Awesome! now I canz retire !

herr_prof wrote:

Awesome! now I canz retire !

hellz naw, I was trying to find you earlier so I pull certain news feeds from TCTD onto the site.

your site is amazing for general news, where this is generally going to be a wiki/last.fm combination which people can use its API for other web services. A central hub for people to find out when events are going on and a artist specific wiki area.

API could be worked with to give TCTD a more gig specific area. O: oh the possibility's

Last edited by Flopps (Mar 12, 2010 9:27 pm)

IL, US

could be interesting, may i suggest an rss feed for the gigs, possibly with an option to set up preferences for what you receive based on location or other factors?
or are you still hatin'? wink

e.s.c. wrote:

could be interesting, may i suggest an rss feed for the gigs, possibly with an option to set up preferences for what you receive based on location or other factors?
or are you still hatin'? wink

all in the plans wink
I might be thinking too big but in my personal opinion, a service like this is exactly what the chip scene needs to have gigs heard about from others who do not dwell upon these subject specific forums.

also

Melbourne, Australia
Flopps wrote:

...a service like this is exactly what the chip scene needs to have gigs heard about from others who do not dwell upon these subject specific forums.

So wait...

You're suggesting that people who are not scene centric will for some reason gravitate to another scene specific website? How is this supposed to broaden the exposure?

celsius wrote:
Flopps wrote:

...a service like this is exactly what the chip scene needs to have gigs heard about from others who do not dwell upon these subject specific forums.

So wait...

You're suggesting that people who are not scene centric will for some reason gravitate to another scene specific website? How is this supposed to broaden the exposure?

scenario 1
guy1: oh damn whats this? that guy who makes music I like had a show in my town and I didnt know? oh how gay
guy2: LOL YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED CHIPIVERSE!!! DEY TELL YOU ALL DA CHIP SHOWS AROUND U LOL U DUM

scenario 2
Guy: hmmm I really wanna go to this show but my mates are gay poo poo faces who dont wanna go because its only advertising is on a forum filled with troll/inside jokes which make it look terrible... OH HANG ON... WHATS THIS.... chipiverse?! OH DAMN, EVERYTHING LOOKS PEFOESSIONAL!!! Whats even better is that it looks professional, has directions/google maps embeded, pictures of past events of the same event, links to buy tickets, nicely formatted artist wiki bio's on the page, videos and more! Its a good thing this site existed otherwise I doubt as much people turned up to the show.

Scenario 3: Hmmmmm I want "widget/badge" type thing on my site so that when I am playing at a show people know the exact information but in a nice clean simple manner", this is perfect for shit like myspace, forums and other gay shit which would deffiently boost the turn out of the show.

Flopps wrote:

also

YOU TAKE IT BACK. YOU TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW. NO 8BC ON CHIPMUSIC.

Also, I really hope the site ACTUALLY looks like that. It'd make me happy.

if it makes you feel better I can claim it was another site

NO. The damage is done. There's nothing you can do.

Unless you make a time machine.

Sweeeeeeden

But only gijs can make time machines...

IL, US
nitro2k01 wrote:

But only gijs can make time machines...

wont be surprised if he does make one, hes got skills