Unsubscribe

Sorry, whenever I say that i dont think marc will do a specific feature or not, it just comes from hearing countless user suggestions and using piggy since 2005. No one should ever think that I think an idea is dumb just because I think its not likely to be added. I just try to keep things realistic about whats going to happen in a single developer free software product. Id love to see more robust everything, because piggy is one of my favorite music apps on any platform, but at the end of the day its never going to be reason or fruity loops, or abelton because no one is paying 400$ a seat x 1000 users a year to use it.

Maybe its an abusive relationship, cause Im pretty used to the fuck ups and clicks and other quirks of the problem and see loads of workarounds that wont require massive feature requests.

Last edited by herr_prof (Feb 19, 2013 3:37 am)

San Francisco

I hear ya no qualms about that. I think we all have a lot of love for piggy so its just one of those things... no bones bro
I didnt mean to single you out or nothing either.

Last edited by wedanced (Feb 19, 2013 4:32 am)

Geneva, NY
wedanced wrote:

when in the truth its marc's say that dictates what goes in his software and not really its senior users

FALSE! There is a High Council of Piggers that will attempt to bribe/nag the living shit out of Marc if they believe in a particular feature. Marc will then say "that's dumb" and/or "that's for lazies" over and over until we finally convince him of its usefulness. We're like the goddamned electoral college of the pig.

I'm actually only like 10% kidding there.

OK, not kidding at all.

ANYHOW, wedanced, I always just wanted a "CLIP" indicator on the project screen so you can bump up/down the master to reach that perfect just-slightly-in-clip spot. I will actually add a ticket for that now!

Also, pingpong will probably make using white noise samples in piggy more bearable and hold us over until Marc implements a white noise generator! wink

Geneva, NY
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

First rule to LGPT users: being cool.
If you can't, just drop the piggy. Seriously.

And this all day and night.

france

Where should I sign to put some stuff in the source code ?
I'd like to slap this pig and make it scream wink

Unsubscribe

Email marc on the mailing list is your best bet.

Tokyo, Japan
yoyz2k wrote:

Where should I sign to put some stuff in the source code ?
I'd like to slap this pig and make it scream wink

What are you thinking of?

San Francisco
bleo wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

If you can't, just drop the piggy. Seriously.

And this all day and night.

when time stops and the universe explodes and everything starts a new... this will still apply.
tongue

Last edited by wedanced (Feb 19, 2013 11:21 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Tokyo, Japan
bleo wrote:

High Council of Piggers

This has to be a compo album title for the next release.

Also, pingpong will probably make using white noise samples in piggy more bearable and hold us over until Marc implements a white noise generator! wink

This is another one to wear him down on. Noise gen would be so so useful.

france

@herr_prof you are right
@lazerbeat i'm thinking at very simple thing like "save as" to begin smile I think some idea could be added really easily.

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah man! Mail mark see what he says

Brazil

All the posts after I said what using piggy is about just reassured how cool everyone is heart

And whoa, save as would be nice to make a template project and mash stuff in different saves! I like.

Netherl4nds

On the PSP I would like to see a "loading sample" when importing a sample. It's so slow, sometimes I think it just crashed (and then it works again after some seconds...)

Unsubscribe

How big are your samples? The psp memorystick is the worst...

Sup4durt wrote:

On the PSP I would like to see a "loading sample" when importing a sample. It's so slow, sometimes I think it just crashed (and then it works again after some seconds...)

you can take a look at the little red/orange light that indicates if the memory stick is processing. should be blinking. if it isnt blinking the psp has crashed..