San Diego, CA

I've made a game! It's called Eternities!

You can find it here: http://www.space-town.org/Eternities.html

It's essentially a playable music video for my song Eternities that was released on my last full-length, Futures Past Due! It's also preferably played all the way through (it's only 10 minutes long (wtf the song is 10 minutes long)) and with speakers turned up!

I did the music/art/programming/design. I'm not an artist or a programmer.

buffalo, NY

pretty awesome!  Although I got stuck at the title screen for 5 minutes because I didnt realize you had to press a button.  Cool track, cool concept, and immersive presentation.

NC in the US of America

That was really cool, though it was hard to tell where I was aiming sometimes (But that kind of helped set the mood at the more chaotic sections). It felt a bit like Iji in the mood that was set. Good stuff. However

› Show Spoiler

I really enjoyed it, though. I wasn't expecting that genre to accompany the music, but it makes perfect sense.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm)

New Orleans, Louisiana

Oh snap, super cool.

Just played through it, pretty damn cool!

San Diego, CA

sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys!

danimal--thanks a ton! I realized after I uploaded it that I never actually told anyone that they had to click. that's a remnant of the fact that this game was SUPPOSED to be an iOS game but I couldn't optimize it under the current engine and didn't want to port it (I don't know objective c D:)! although another part of me likes the fact that some people might just sit there and listen to the ambiance for a bit...it sets the tone, imo big_smile

sketchman--the cursor was a last minute addition when I realized that no one would know where their mouse was! again, it was supposed to be an iOS game so I kind of hastily rearranged a couple things for the website.

as far as the ending goes -- I kind of like the ambiguity! although you're right -- the city SHOULD be flattened, and I'll work on that for the next iteration...it's just that editing building sprites is so tedious and boring and I just wanted to release it already!

everyone else: thanks! this is my first game ever and I've been working on it for a while (i didn't know how to program 5 months ago (I still kind of don't)) so it's great to see that people are receptive and even "get it"!

NC in the US of America

The ambiguity is cool yes, and I did feel like a hopeless-yet-noble failure even though

› Show Spoiler

. Because it's more of an interactive music video than a game, I didn't feel too cheated with the camouflaged cross-hairs.

Looking forward to more of this kind of stuff. It really gave me the same level of satisfaction as the bad endings of Iji and Cave Story, Herocore and Ape Escape. (^_^)b Not trying to come off as an ingrate. It was really good.