http://thegaminguniverse.org/ninjagaiden4/mottzilla/ found this software through some comments on Reddit in this thread http://www.reddit.com/r/Gameboy/comment … rd_64m_it/

It appears to solve the one-save-per-cartridge problem, and is obviously recent. It doesn't seem to work with LSDJ, and I am about to give the software a test run tonight and I will be sure to follow up shortly.

Thoughts?

Puerto Rico

I was browsing a bunch of related pages the other day and somehow found myself on that same page. I assumed it was just a tool to make a multirom that had some limited and gimmicky multiple .sav support and I didn't even try it and moved on. Good luck on your endeavors, I think I read something about lsdj using the entire memory for it's .sav so it can't really be used with this but who knows!

Abandoned on Fire

HOLY FUCK BALLS!  I don't know about the sav management part BUT whatever this guy has done has fixed the flasher software so that it now runs on my office desktop where before with the standard EMS version it would NOT RUN no matter what tricks and driver bizzness I did.  That's plenty for me.  THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.  YOU JUST LET ME GET RID OF A SHITTY OLD PC.  heart  heart

Damn, this made my day!

Last edited by egr (Dec 15, 2012 9:13 pm)

matt's mind

time to research this a bit!

Abandoned on Fire

Still can't multirom with LSDJ.  I can't get the "change page" function to work either.  Oh well, no complaints!

I got the multisave to work with everything not-LSDJ. Pokemon Blue, Link's Awakening, and Pokemon TCG all work very well smile

When you boot a multirom page, the menu has options of pressing select to edit the SRAM, pressing A to open the game list, and pressing left or right on the Dpad to change pages.

When messing with SRAM, you can see which chunks are used (there are 11 useable ones [edit: some games use multiple chunk for their saves, Pokemon Blue uses 4], LSDJ uses all of them so no multirom LSDJ hmm) and the save name out to the side. You can delete the chunks if you wish to, and there is no need to rearrange them before you boot a game, SRAM for each game automatically boots.

Some games require patching, and you can find those patches downloadable in packs on the main site. They are IPS patches, so they patch near-instantly. So far I have had no issues with anything that this software was intended to be used for. smile

It should be noted that the EMS transfer software it comes with is functionally identical to the standard software, except it displays (for me) three garbled error messages when booting up. After the three error messages are acknowledged by pressing the "Okay" button in the error message window I can use the software, even without drivers or having to reboot in Windows 7! The custom menu (I assume) flashes automatically with the ROMS, and you can only access the menu in banks that have multiple ROMS (hence triggering the menu-load like the standard EMS menu).

The last thing you need to know about this software is that when you back sav's up they are still in this condensed state. To properly back up your saves it appears that you need to do an initial backup, then delete all other save files on the cartridge, back up the save for a particular game, then flash the multisave back and repeat the process again for the other games.

Last edited by thebitman (Dec 16, 2012 4:24 am)

Awesome post!
Thank you.

I just tried this out and it works great! So glad someone finally figured out how to get multiple saves working!

Taichung, Taiwan

I apologize for the necrobump, but I just found out about this on the NESdev forum the other day and anyone that has an EMS 64 USB Smart Card should consider using this.

Last edited by katsumbhong (Sep 13, 2013 10:20 pm)

Really hope someone can help me find this. The link is dead so can't get hold of the installer - really want to play Zelda! Cheers

Taichung, Taiwan
gwood1234 wrote:

Really hope someone can help me find this. The link is dead so can't get hold of the installer - really want to play Zelda! Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rsog9aeu7o9 … EyA3a?dl=0

Wow! Thanks, you've made my day!!!!