BOSTON8BIT, MA

Hay guyz... so this is now a thing (PS: I'm a dumbshit sometimes and forgot to link):

Album Link: Active Knowledge - Active Knowledge

So this is the Active Knowledge self-titled release and I'm super happy that it exists. I had started AK in 2007 (since there was apparently already a Pretty Cool Dude out there already using The Chris Mahoney Project) with no knowledge of or intention of discovering chipmusic at all, rather I had heard about the MIDINES cart via blog and realized the possibilities pretty quickly. Gained my confidence in a small dive bar on Cape Cod, joined forces with friends to make BOSTON8BIT an incredibly fun collective of artists, and all the way developing a sound that culminates into what I'm putting out today.

This album represents a departure from a lot of things for me, both personally and musically. It's *a lot* more introspective for one thing, and despite all of the jumping around and space helmet wearing I might do there is a lot of ominous shit in this world that keeps me occupied when I'm not in front of people. I think it's both incredible and terrifying to live in the age where you can watch sentient robots come together piece by piece over the span of years via YouTube videos. I see the scale of the data that drives our behavior on this planet as a super-organism, and realize that there would be no way to explain it to a large majority of people. The machine has always existed, but now it is incredibly complex and may already be out of our control. I feel like this album is a pretty good representation of these things, that while they fascinate me, I can't be bothered with worrying about it since 'hey, I'm alive this is cool.'

Yes I allowed myself to incorporate sounds outside of my norm, yes the album has a minimum set cost, yes I entered 'Freakstyle?' into the collective consciousness. I only feel obligated to apologize for the last one, because good lord IT WAS A JOKE... a joke that will hopefully one day drag me into stardom so I can troll the "I would seriously listen to Freakstyle?" demographic. For the others, I feel that I have put enough blood, sweat, tears, liquor, all-nighters, and honest heart into this release. If you happen to support me in the effort to figure out where the journey goes next, thanks so much for your support because without the support I've had thus far this album might never have seen the light of day. Support (4x combo)

PS: From here into the indefinite future, I will be sending a download code to everyone that appears via Paypal purchase through Bandcamp. I won't collect your e-mail address, I won't send you some cool newsletter about how I'm doing unless you specifically ask for something like that. I just want to send you a free chance to possibly share with a friend that otherwise wouldn't have heard this before, because at the end of the day that's the only reason I do any of this.

Album Link: Active Knowledge - Active Knowledge

heart luv u guyz
-AK
[email protected]

Last edited by Active Knowledge (Dec 26, 2012 3:09 am)

BOSTON8BIT, MA

Heyo,

Album is name-your-price with no minimum until tomorrow morning in the spirit of holiday spirits, feel free to pull it down/share if you'd like.

matt's mind

link?

(unless i'm just totally blind or something...)

Gosford, Australia

yeah there's no link bro :v

http://listen.activeknowledgemusic.com/ … -knowledge

Last edited by Victory Road (Dec 26, 2012 1:04 am)

BOSTON8BIT, MA

UNREAL. Sorry guys, I've had a bunch of projects on max speed at the same time this week - I've added the link to the original post as it should have been to begin with! :-S

Thanks Victory Road for doing the Google footwork.