Freiburg, Germany

Hi,

recently I keep stumbling across quite a number of photos of chip musicians' gear collections or music making/recording setups and I keep seeing Game Boy Cameras in the photos, often several.

Now I get circuit bent toys, stylophones, and a lot of other noisemakers, because they offer something unique. My impression with Trippy-H on the Game Boy Camera however was, that you can achieve all those sounds in other programs like LSDj or nanoloop as well, often with much more flexibility and also probably just as fast.

Are they / are you really using Trippy-H and if so, what does make it unique for you? Or is it all just showing off that they own Game Boy Cameras?

Sweeeeeeden

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6931/ … -releases/

Easton, PA, USA

I find it fun to noodle around with and if I like something done on it, I print out the music. From there I can transcribe it to lsdj or mainly nanoloop, and work with it further. Can't figure out how to emulate it's modulation on anything yet, but that's just time and effort.

Liverpool, UK

http://calmdownkidder.com/records/releases/cdk021

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I have never done a song with Trippy-H being used exclusively, but every album I have released has had some amount of Trippy-H.  On my recently released album the last track has had a lot of Trippy-H usage.

Playboy Man-Baby

http://www.ptesquad.com/more/pte011.html

IL, US

its fun to use every once in a while, i suppose... put out 4-5 tracks that used it between 2004-2007, seems most fun if you're running it through multiple effects at once since it is pretty limited on its own.. make some lofi gabber, noise or acid

slo

I use it sometimes when multitracking. It's fun when you combine the first and the second instrument, some nice phasing effects, especially because you can draw your wave. I don't really use the noise channel, maybe when emphasizing the attack in an envelope.

Tokyo, Japan

6955 used it a lot.

Playboy Man-Baby

I think DJ Wrong Homer uses it sometimes too.

.FILTHadelphia

I don't honestly. I thought I'd have more time to do stuff in between LSDJ stuff but Live mode keeps me busy.

I record samples for LGPT with it, mostly.

Indiana

I think Trippy-H, by design, colors your composition with its limitations and pallet. I can definitely tell when something was generated by Trippy-H, especially the rhythms, and that's sometimes desirable. It's kinda cool and minimalistic.

ohgodno, Indiana

I use it for samples also use the camera for random visuals via super GB, other than that havent really found a 'soul' use for it, tend to use muddyGB a ton tho...nothing todo with shit but yea lol

EDIT: but id def like to look into this more

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (Dec 23, 2012 10:27 pm)

Cleveland, OH

I love it. I wrote my first chip song on Trippy-H using two Cameras. The wave track sounds really cool to me and I think all the channels have some kind of reverb type deal over them.

lolusa

If you see Hella's "Concentration Face" DVD, there's a dude that opens up for them using at least 6 copies of gameboy camera at once. The name always escapes me, and I'm also really bad with Japanese names. The music was atmospheric; as if you were in an arcade with 50 of the same cabinets playing at different times.