I found this prosound modded DS on ebay. Interesting, because all the prosounded handhelds I've seen are different Game Boy systems.
Have any well-known chiptune artists used a prosounded DS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanoloop-PixelH … 460a57f56c

Last edited by Jolly (Apr 4, 2013 2:09 am)

matt's mind

where does it say its prosound modded?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's not a pro-sound mod:

This Nintendo DS Lite was modded with the Division 6 MIDIfy kit.

It adds midi in:  http://www.division-6.com/products/midify.php

It uses a 2.5mm jack to allow small devices like the DS to use the mod. You then use a special cable or adaptor to allow for MIDI input using a standard MIDI cable.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Dec 26, 2012 2:46 am)

I thought is was a prosound because the jack looks like a prosound jack. Is it possible to prosound a DS though?

Abandoned on Fire
Jolly wrote:

I thought is was a prosound because the jack looks like a prosound jack. Is it possible to prosound a DS though?

No need to, it sounds fantastic already.

Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

why prosound it? DS and SP are one of the noise frreeeeeist consoles

hiding under your bed

I'm very confused as to what this Midify thing does.
It turns your DS into a midi synth, or is it just the jack and you need a midi-compatible program?
If the latter, what other programs are out there that let you do that?

Montreal, Canada

MIDI is just a communications protocol. That gizmo just basically enables your DS to talk that language. It's primary use is to be able to sync/control your DS from another source (computer, other gameboys, a dead cat wrapped in ham). I don't know much about music on gameboys but I'm fairly certain there's more than a few music software that support sending midi data in and out. You can use that device to.. for example, load up Korg DS-10 and play it from a standard MIDI controller keyboard, or sync up two gameboys together.

From the website, their interface supports converting MIDI input into button presses, which means you can pretty much control anything you'd normally do on a DS, from an external device. Hell if you're patient enough you could compose a song that plays New Super Mario Bros from start to finish smile

hiding under your bed

Ah, okay. Neat.
I looked around the site right after I'd posted that and got that you could map out the controls to a midi keyboard and the like, but I was wondering if it would've had any other uses. This is good to know. I may try to use it for future experiments.

n00bstar wrote:

Hell if you're patient enough you could compose a song that plays New Super Mario Bros from start to finish

I'm pretty sure I have to do this now. I love messing around and doing crazy crap like this.
I remember a couple years ago my brother and I tried to play through Sonic Adventure 2 Battle with a DDR pad. It was great.

Austin, TX

I can definitely see this being useful for Korg DS-10 and more experimental MIDI to button-input stuff, but you can use the DS as a pretty alright MIDI sample-based synth with Nitrotracker and MIDI I/O over the DS' WiFi, only at the cost of the flash cart. I'm not sure how well it works, haven't tried it out yet.

Alive and well in fucksville

sorry to shatter peoples dreams here, but midify only lets you control button presses.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:29 am)

New Jersey

nipple