Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a netbook (or windows tablet) for when I'm travelling, but it needs to work with my EMS 64 carts, I'm currently using the "Disable Driver Enforcement" workaround when I boot my Win7 laptop and it works fine, I'm wondering if this option still exists for Win8, or if anyone has tried it out. Thanks.

Last edited by Zef (Dec 26, 2012 7:04 am)

You'll wanna go with a netbook, most tablets, as far as i know, don't have USB, and if they do then it's Mini, or micro usb.

matt's mind

i think most tablets have some sort of USB, or USB compatible, port

but tbh i'm not really sure about these carts and win8, no one has mentioned it to me and i haven't had a chance to check

Savannah, Georgia

eh, if you want a tablet then just get a USB OTG cable for it. ought to work fine. and windows 8 is literally just 7 with a different start menu and an optional app store, so i don't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited by Aeros (Dec 26, 2012 4:37 am)

Yeah I've heard Win8 is just a Win7 skin, but I just want to be sure tongue also, any recommendations for good (and cheap) netbooks/tablets? I'm going to be backpacking Europe and so I want something small that I can use for e-mail/booking things (though working with EMS64 is great too)

Last edited by Zef (Dec 26, 2012 5:06 am)

Savannah, Georgia

although it can't do what you're asking, the nexus 7 is worth the money.

otherwise an eee pc works pretty well.

[edit] ...oh shit, i just realized this was a total ASUS product placement. sorry hmm

Last edited by Aeros (Dec 26, 2012 5:38 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

r.e. windows tablets

many of them run windows RT, which isn't windows 7 with a different skin but in fact something very different running on a totally different CPU architecture. no windows 7 exe files or drivers will work... without jailbreaking i believe you can't even run software on it that you didn't get from the official app store.

so if you must have a windows 8 tablet, make SURE it runs the real windows 8. i don't believe any of them do as of yet, but the "surface pro" will, whenever that comes out.

if you get the real windows 8 running on x86/amd64, it IS possible to disable driver enforcement as you could before. smile

i don't know if the drivers themselves will still be compatible, but i can't see any reason why not

.FILTHadelphia

Tablets aside, anyone get GB_USB to work on Windows 8?