Tokyo, Japan

First release in 2 years, yay!

un4seen.com

› Changelog from the readme.txt

uhajdafdfdfa

neato... i use xmplay on my laptop for mp3 and flac + modules smile

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, I use it in a vitural machine for mods and xms. My kingdom for a mac version though!

uhajdafdfdfa

personally i'm waiting for DEADBEEF on windows big_smile

might already build on mac actually, dunno

vancouver, canada

hey so, any XMplay skins you guys would like to recommend? to be honest, i find the ones featured on the XMplay site kinda garish and/or circa 1997.  which ones do you find most usable and functional?

Brunswick, GA USA

By nature XMPlay is all about 1997...

vancouver, canada

hah! good point.  my current go-to mod player is Modplug Player but it ain't exactly on the bleeding edge either.

anyway, my question still stands.

uhajdafdfdfa

i like "WMP10 v2" and "Windows Classic 2.1"

"neutron", "silk" and "bonjour bs2000" are all pretty functional too

edit: even if you hate all those, it's time to stop using modplug player. foobar2000 with foo_dumb is a good choice too in terms of playback accuracy. avoid winamp or anything that uses mikmod. a slightly wider / prettier range of foobar skins exist

Last edited by ant1 (Dec 31, 2012 2:38 pm)

Brighton

I like the "we'll see..." skin, but different strokes for different folks I suppose.

vancouver, canada
ant1 wrote:

i like "WMP10 v2" and "Windows Classic 2.1"

"neutron", "silk" and "bonjour bs2000" are all pretty functional too

edit: even if you hate all those, it's time to stop using modplug player. foobar2000 with foo_dumb is a good choice too in terms of playback accuracy. avoid winamp or anything that uses mikmod. a slightly wider / prettier range of foobar skins exist

you're probably right.  i've been using modplug player since '96 so old habits die hard:
- an aversion to crazy skins once people started going overboard with skins for winamp/sonique/etc.
- an irrational prejudice against .XM's because i used Impulse Tracker to write my tunes
- maintaining the same persistent playlist since 2003 and being too lazy to prune it or migrate it elsewhere

i guess it's the new year so now's as good a time as any turn a new mod-playing leaf.  one thing i will miss modplug player is its nifty mixer feature (namely, transposing all samples in a song up or down so that songs could be listened to in a new light)...