buffalo, NY

I think people would check out the music more if there was a box displaying the last 5 comments, put it below the users online section. 

It would encourage a dialog, and I know I would often check out a track on *some other site* if I saw a comment talking about how cool it was or something.

New Albany Indiana

I proposed this idea a little ago, but people say they didn't care due to the low amount of people who actually listen to the tunes posted on the site.

buffalo, NY

Well the whole point is to increase that

New Albany Indiana

That was my whole point

i like that idea! so if people commented on my music it would show up under my name on the right in the online section if i was online? or what if when you clicked a song on the front page it also opened the comments section (rather than having to click 'view item'..)

Earth
defPREMIUM wrote:

i like that idea! so if people commented on my music it would show up under my name on the right in the online section if i was online? or what if when you clicked a song on the front page it also opened the comments section (rather than having to click 'view item'..)

I think he means more like a separate "shout box", with last 5 comments given. But your idea is kinda interesting.

breakphase wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

I think he means more like a separate "shout box", with last 5 comments given. But your idea is kinda interesting.

oooooh that makes sense. i think that would be really awesome. would the comments shown include responses to threads? or just comments on music?

and yea i think it would be cool if a small dialogue box popped up when i clicked a song. i mean clicking 'view item' isn't that hard.. and if i just open it in a new tab i don't have to stop the song from playing. but yea- it couldn't hurt.

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Dec 31, 2012 10:47 pm)

I endorse this idea. Really couldn't hurt, and there's room there anyway.

buffalo, NY

Yeah shout box.  I usually have no incentive to click on a song unless I happen to see a name I recognize, which is difficult because it approaches a wall of text up there.

Meanwhile if I saw that someone said 'oh man this track is sick' in a little shoutbox, I'd probably check it out regardless of who it is.

vancouver, canada

i personally would put the comments box on top of the "Who's Online" area, i think that takes up too much unnecessary space as is.

but yeah... some visual sign that there is activity among those who have the courtesy to listen and respond to the influx of music.

NC in the US of America
danimal cannon wrote:

Yeah shout box.  I usually have no incentive to click on a song unless I happen to see a name I recognize, which is difficult because it approaches a wall of text up there.

Meanwhile if I saw that someone said 'oh man this track is sick' in a little shoutbox, I'd probably check it out regardless of who it is.

Yeah. I usually click on songs with interesting or very boring titles, names I recognize, and blue bars in place of grey ones, meaning somebody has commented on, downloaded, or bookmarked the song so it's worth checking out.