orange county, CA
Bit wish wrote:
ShintarouMusic wrote:

yeah, did you name your songs in the order you made them?

I name all my songs (well the demo names) by the amount of songs. So my first project was called 1, second one was called 2 and so forth. i think im on 42 right now.

Will you always do that? 'Cause if you wanted to send your demos to a label, i'm sure they'd want creativity in your track names and not just numbers.. Just a thought.

Tacoma WA
DataFix wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I name all my songs (well the demo names) by the amount of songs. So my first project was called 1, second one was called 2 and so forth. i think im on 42 right now.

Will you always do that? 'Cause if you wanted to send your demos to a label, i'm sure they'd want creativity in your track names and not just numbers.. Just a thought.

boy if there is a label that finds names more important than the music i wouldn't really want to hear anything they've put out.

New Albany Indiana
infradead wrote:
DataFix wrote:

boy if there is a label that finds names more important than the music i wouldn't really want to hear anything they've put out.

Haha, Its fine, remember, the alubulm is called "betas", its all the practicing and stuff ive worked on till now.

New Albany Indiana
basspuddle wrote:

I dig the art, and 24. Interesting stuff.

Thanks man

New Albany Indiana
DKSTR wrote:

For a more song / groove oriented person like me its little bit all over the place, I liked also 24 & 38, but they could have been better with keeping only 2-3 parts. Stay with things little bit longer, work on your sense of melody, make drums punchier. But then again, if its intented to be proggy then go crazy.

Ill keep that in mind, all i don't want to do is make a boring and predictable song.

orange county, CA
infradead wrote:
DataFix wrote:

That's not how i meant it, but alright

Finland
Bit wish wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

For a more song / groove oriented person like me its little bit all over the place, I liked also 24 & 38, but they could have been better with keeping only 2-3 parts. Stay with things little bit longer, work on your sense of melody, make drums punchier. But then again, if its intented to be proggy then go crazy.

Ill keep that in mind, all i don't want to do is make a boring and predictable song.

Check some krautrock stuff or Kraftwerk. theres beauty within repeating.

New Albany Indiana

Thanks for coming back to this thread and giving me some cc guys, it was like month ....

IL, US

(shrug) look at how few comments or cc any of my releases have gotten and i've been doing this for about a decade

New Albany Indiana
e.s.c. wrote:

(shrug) look at how few comments or cc any of my releases have gotten and i've been doing this for about a decade

D: It took a month for them to notice me

San Diego, CA

a tip for future releases: you don't get to choose which criticism is "constructive" or not. all criticism is constructive -- even the lack of response is constructive criticism. it may not be nice, but it's not our responsibility to pay attention to you, and whining about people not commenting or giving "cc" isn't going to help your case any.

an example: I looked up the response to my first full-length posted on this site two years ago. I had worked on it plenty and got art done by KeFF (which is honestly better than the music part of the album) and was all excited and posted it on here. the response I got was a whopping one comment by Wizwars, who had already heard me play and was just showing his support. now, to me, this doesn't mean that the community is narrow-minded and shallow -- it means that I didn't make anything special. so I focused my time and energy into making my next release way better.

it's YOUR art. you don't need validation from us to write music, and if you do, you should probably stop writing music.

P.S. that second release of mine had a total of zero comments! but I was proud of it so I didn't care.

Last edited by spacetownsavior (Jan 26, 2013 9:20 am)

New Albany Indiana
spacetownsavior wrote:

a tip for future releases: you don't get to choose which criticism is "constructive" or not. all criticism is constructive -- even the lack of response is constructive criticism. it may not be nice, but it's not our responsibility to pay attention to you, and whining about people not commenting or giving "cc" isn't going to help your case any.

an example: I looked up the response to my first full-length posted on this site two years ago. I had worked on it plenty and got art done by KeFF (which is honestly better than the music part of the album) and was all excited and posted it on here. the response I got was a whopping one comment by Wizwars, who had already heard me play and was just showing his support. now, to me, this doesn't mean that the community is narrow-minded and shallow -- it means that I didn't make anything special. so I focused my time and energy into making my next release way better.

it's YOUR art. you don't need validation from us to write music, and if you do, you should probably stop writing music.

P.S. that second release of mine had a total of zero comments! but I was proud of it so I didn't care.

I didnt think i was, i was just asking for some advice, not weather they thought the music was shitty or not. Like this: "For a more song / groove oriented person like me its little bit all over the place, I liked also 24 & 38, but they could have been better with keeping only 2-3 parts. Stay with things little bit longer, work on your sense of melody, make drums punchier. But then again, if its intented to be proggy then go crazy."

San Diego, CA
Bit wish wrote:

I didn't think i was, i was just asking for some advice

Bit wish wrote:

New Albany Indiana
spacetownsavior wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I didn't think i was, i was just asking for some advice

Bit wish wrote:

Ok, i see. Good point, ill keep that in mind.

Melbourne, Australia
spacetownsavior wrote:

This is really powerful.
I suppose it's human nature for us to seek approval and/or validation from others, at least a little (and not just in music either).
But yeah, I really respect your music and by the sounds of things, I respect your thoughts on things too.

Ayr-scotland

I think dis güd (: and the art is sweet big_smile