Tokyo, Japan

It looks like this might be the new Rolls Royce of hand held piggy tracking. It is is running a kickstarter now, 135 usd gets you a unit.

The Zero's operating system is OpenDingux,
CPU: Ingenic JZ4770 1 GHz MIPS processor
GPU: Vivante GC860, capable of OpenGL ES 2.0
Display: 3.5 inch LCD with 320x240 pixels; 4:3 aspect ratio is ideal for retro gaming
Memory: 256 MB DDR2
Internal storage: 8 GB, most of which is available for applications and data
External storage: micro SDHC up to 32 GB or micro SDXC of 64 GB (SDXC cards must be reformatted before use)
Mini USB 2.0 OTG
Mini HDMI 1.3 out
3.5 mm (mini jack) A/V port for earphone and analog TV-out
Stereo speakers, mono microphone
Accelerometer (g-sensor) and vibration motors
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz, can connect to access point or direct device-to-device
Dimensions: 143 * 70 * 18 mm
Weight: 8 oz / 225 g

It looks like there have already been small production runs and there are several well known Dingoo / Caanoo hackers on the team. Could be awesome especially seeing as there isnt a current in production piggy friendly handheld!
Battery: 2800 mAh

Abandoned on Fire

That thing is sexy as hell.  Yummy yum yum.

Milwaukee, WI

If someone get's MIDI going on it, it's got my buy. wink

Tokyo, Japan

Well, it has USB host...

Puerto Rico

I really hope this gets funded...

San Francisco

that is a lovely looking device. best part... it dont look cheap and deff seems to have a higher quality standard then most open source handhelds i have seen.

Brazil

Looks good! Indeed it looks pretty solid to rock with the piggy (but I would miss my white brick).

Tokyo, Japan
Xuriik wrote:

I really hope this gets funded...

I have a feeling it will be. It has reach 25 percent ish of its goal in a couple of days and there are still 17 days left.

Geneva, NY

FWIW, just cuz something's got USB host doesn't mean USB MIDI w/ piggy will happen. Look at the Caanoo...

Unsubscribe

Yea taht stuff is much more intersting on linux based distros like rasbian cause all of the midi drivers are already in place.

france

I have big hope on this one.
The USB host could be really interesting, I think I will take one...
No i'm sure I will take one !! Maybe two wink

Tokyo, Japan

According to the kick starter they just bumped the ram for 512 mb and the internal storage to 16 gb

Melbourne, Australia

Took the plunge, submitted my pledge and bought myself a Zero - and just a few seconds before they hit their funding goal! smile

...on a related note, here are a couple of different 'Dingoo in a GameBoy' hacks:

my mom's basement

I have a feeling my dingoo is gonna sit around gathering dust when this comes in.

This looks awesome

Tokyo, Japan

Yeah, it looks super open as well. There is a virtual device emu for devs already.