I recently purchased the nanoloop USB adaptor and it says it's not compatible with the multiplayer link cable. Of course not... because I already own one, and that would be too easy sad

Anyways, I went to Gamestop today and they don't even carry GBA stuff anymore, of course...

So I found this little hole-in-the-wall place in town but they only had a (brand new in blister pack) Gameboy Color link cable, of course...

So I bought it anyways because it looks exactly like the same plug, but I'm not sure if it will work. Knowing Nintendo, they used the exact same plug to save money on their end, but I'm betting it's probably missing some kind of contact or wire so you would be forced to buy a brand new GBA cable, right?

So, will I be able to use this GBC cable with my original GBA and the nanoloop USB adaptor?

Thanks for your help.

And yes, I did try to Google this topic, which I figured would be answered in seconds, yet after futzing around for 10 minutes or so, couldn't find an actual straight answer. I'm sorry if I'm annoying anyone with basic questions.

Easton, PA, USA

if your updating nanoloop one it should not be an issue, but if your updating any of the 2 models there may be an issue, due to the advance using an extra pin.

Not trying to update but just use the MIDI sync/real-time features. I just bought a new cart because I was using 2.0.1...... and it wasn't compatible with the new adaptor. Damn! Thwarted at every turn with this GBA nanoloop technoBS. *shaking fist* .... "and I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!!!!"

Thanks for your reply. i do appreciate it, really.