ev0l wrote:

i cant seem to install the drivers for my usb cart on windows 7 at all....32bit, 64-bit, signed, unsigned, in test mode... nothing seems to work.
does anyone know how i can possibly get it working?

oh, and i did download the 64-bit drivers to try it on 64-bit too....i've already had that suggestion.

on all win7 systems (i dont have anything earlier) it seems to come up with "there are no drivers intended for your system in the drivers you want to install" or something like that.

please help guys, as i'd love to put the latest builds of lsdj on my cart when i can

thanks in advance,

ev0l

I am experiencing the exact same difficulties. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Also sorry for the new thread, I am new and am not allowed to bump old threads.

I have Win 7 and solved it, but currently stuck at work.
I'm not sure but isn't there a video from 2xAA up on Youtube how to get it to work? If there is that's how it worked for me.

My wild guesses:

Computers running Windows Vista or Windows 7
    Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
        If "64-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
        If "32-bit Operating System" is listed next to System type, you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7.
    The edition of Windows Vista or Windows 7 you're running is displayed under Windows edition near the top of the window.

Check if your pc is 32bit so you can stay on 1 course and not waste time trying others.

There's an old message on Kitsch's store:

"

MIGHT BE IMPORTANT: HKems' original drivers seem to be broken!!!
At least I couldn't get them installed. Tried everything but nothing worked. "Windows couldn't locate drivers in specific folder" was the message I got in every system: Windows 7 32/64bit and Win XP. Fortunately someone managed to fix the problem and has been released a modded working version which can be found here: http://hkems.proboards.com/ind...

So everybody who's got problems installing the driver should give it a try:

- deactivate UAC (under "msconfig"/tools) // restart pc
- download and run the driver override programm (link in description)
- update driver in Windows' device manager

have fun smile"

Looks related?

Make sure you're manually picking the drivers for it too, after you put Win7 in Unsigned Driver mode plug it in, go to the devices panel and open up the properties, wipe out any driver it previously associated, then browse and manually assign the driver you downloaded instead.

Thanks for the replies. I needed to manually update the drivers via device manager. 2xAA's video helped with this.

To anyone else that ever gets stuck with this, I suggest you watch this video.

Melbourne, Australia

If all else fails, and you have a copy of 32bit windows XP lying around (legit or naughty), you can create a small virtual machine on your windows 7 or 8 computer using virtualbox https://www.virtualbox.org/
Then when you plug in your ems cart, it gets recognized by xp, you tell it to install custom drivers, point it to the ones you've downloaded, and BAM - it works like a charm.

It sounds like a bit of overkill, but in my experience it's a lot faster and more straightforward then messing around with those shite drivers, cerificates and all that.

When you guys with driver problems initially plug the cart in, does windows install a generic driver for it? If not, you may have a bad cart.

When you use the app to sign the drivers, did you guys sign all four of the files in the .zip? You have to also reboot in to "test mode." Not doing so results in incompatibilities.