Geneva, NY

HEXAWE IS ALSO OPEN SOURCE BRAINSTORMING. WE ARE GOING TO REDESIGN THE WHOLE DAMN THING.

10:44 AM me: :(:)
11:59 AM Jordan: what up sir!?
12:03 PM me: Oh that was supposed to be a piggy emoticon
12:04 PM Jordan: lol it was sad face happy face
me: It works in desktop gchat but not mobile client
12:05 PM Jordan: aah got it
hey symphonic distribution got back to me, they're up for releasing hexawe stuffs
12:06 PM which made rhino ask the question of if he could use it for releasing full albums rather than just his singles and compo stuff 
which i don't ideologically have an issue with (we've done multi track hexawe releases for overthruster) but i do feel like the format of our web page is off
12:10 PM me: Yeah agreed
12:11 PM This is where my idea for the full album hexawe sublabel would come into play
12:12 PM Jordan: do we really need a sublabel if we allowed for singles & full albums on the label?
me: no not at all
12:13 PM Jordan: i'd like the page to be more of a music blog feel since that's how people are comfortable discovering music online. make a better radio, make the usual about and contributors page where we could list the bosses and bio people who have relased
anything else?
12:16 PM me: shop? 
live webcam feed to your bathroom?
Jordan: oh yeah shop!
12:19 PM me: i think that just about covers it

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO SEE FROM THE NEW HEXAWE WEB PRESENCE????

Tokyo, Japan

I would like to seeeeee, a "tips and tricks" project folder where we all put a little trick like, I dont know, how to do dubby echos with the rtig or something. Name the project

LGPT_irtgdubechos

Make it a kind of continuously updating project getting filled with new tricks. I would also like to do a kind of slower freestyle compo called "Hexawe Allstars" or something, get to get an absolutely killer track from some of the best piggers and make it like, the "flagship" album which we can point to as a showcase of the bes piggy has to offer. Hexawe is AWESOME but there is a shit load of content, would be nice for a super honed and focussed release for new people to get a good over view of the sound.

Geneva, NY
Lazerbeat wrote:

I would like to seeeeee, a "tips and tricks" project folder where we all put a little trick like, I dont know, how to do dubby echos with the rtig or something. Name the project

LGPT_irtgdubechos

Make it a kind of continuously updating project getting filled with new tricks.

This would be better suited for littlegptracker.com, the wiki and maybe even zipped with the official builds. SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE,

Lazerbeat wrote:

I would also like to do a kind of slower freestyle compo called "Hexawe Allstars" or something, get to get an absolutely killer track from some of the best piggers and make it like, the "flagship" album which we can point to as a showcase of the bes piggy has to offer.

Yeah, invite-only compo. I like it. Elitist MF FTW.

Lazerbeat wrote:

Hexawe is AWESOME but there is a shit load of content, would be nice for a super honed and focussed release for new people to get a good over view of the sound.

This point gives me a great idea to help sort the content: TAGS.

Lazerbeat wrote:

I would also like to do a kind of slower freestyle compo called "Hexawe Allstars" or something, get to get an absolutely killer track from some of the best piggers and make it like, the "flagship" album which we can point to as a showcase of the bes piggy has to offer.

invite me

San Francisco

along these lines the biggest change coming to hexawe in 2013 is that our releases will be distributed through symphonic which will get things in all the big stores. i'm starting with the compos but will work back through the singles catalog as well. symphonic seems cool, didn't blink an eye at the creative commons licensing!

sounds great. i miss hexawe.

Abandoned on Fire

Yes! All that stuff.

@Starpause and bleo: all my ideas are on that G+ group, check it out

Westfield, NJ

full lengths from rhino is something I am interested in

Brazil

I agree with lazerbeat, it should have a more user friendly release page. I really love the idea of hexawe being some kind of specialized label (which already was) but with a pro aproach.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

It could feature something like sending a lgpt folder in a zip file and receiving the result in MP3.

Tokyo, Japan

A yearly archive or unified archive of all the project files would be nice too.

São Paulo, Brazil
Lazerbeat wrote:

LGPT_irtgdubechos

That would be really cool. Anyway, I like almost all the ideas on this thread, because they all chase one goal: MAKE PIGGY TRANSCEND THE CHIPMUSIC AREA AND BECOME THE GREATEST PORTABLE SAMPLE-BASED MUSIC MAKER EVER.

United States

IDENTIFY BONER

Sevilla, Spain

I think a better use of web technologies would be rad. Not only full lenght albums, but also using a dedicated database to store the date of release instead of delegating this in the date of the file, this simple hack is rad, but I think we can preserve the look but doing a better backend for this data.

I offer a little bit of my time and my skillz to do this. Also, if we found a CMS to get this clean since the beggining (something like Drupal) so we can control better the workflow for releases instead doing things in the "old way".

I'm cool with changes and I'm always with you guys big_smile