I have an arduinoboy that's powered from my dmg's link port. I was wondering if I could use an mgb-004 link cable adapter to convert my arduinoboys DMG link cable to a GBP/GBC style one so I can power and use it with a game boy color? Does the mgb-004 adapter have the correct 5v pin?

Thanks

Czech republic

I think it should work - the official nintendo cables / adapters have all the pins present afaik.

Los Angeles
ashimoke wrote:

I think it should work - the official nintendo cables / adapters have all the pins present afaik.

No, most if not all cables including official ones are missing power. I think their rule of thumb was: If the connecting device is not a another gameboy and needs 5v power, use the pin- Such as any light unit or the 4 player adapter. You can of course hack a cable, heres a photo set tutorial I made for the DMG 04: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trash80/se … 324137185/

I just got my mgb-004 adapter in the mail. I tested the adapter with a game boy color and it powers my arduinoboy perfectly. Now I can use my arduinoboy with my DMG and gameboy pockets/colors using a dmg-07 four player cable.

Last edited by Casval (Jan 29, 2013 10:36 pm)