Tulsa, OK

I have been using nanoloop for iOS for a while now, and I feel like there is just something there that I know nothing about! I can't tell what it is but I feel like there is a feature that I do not know about

So

I thought I would bring this up so we could get a discussion going on the deeper features of nanoloop for mobile devices and maybe figure out what I am missing!

For example - I have run into a couple of people that did not know about the C and D layers of a channel. One can access the C and D layers by holding down the A or B layer command.

That's pretty basic but I hope that it gets my point across

Chicago

Two really good ones that have helped me a ton:
Start/end all of the song you want to load, put it on repeat in song view, then save it.
The next time you load the song it will start playing from where ever you 'start'ed it.
Took me a while to figure that one out.

On the subject of load tricks, if you load a song while another one is playing, it will fade out any instruments from the first load that would still be playing after you would pause it into the second loaded. Neat for live-ness.

Other stuff:
The poly. mode goes out to either 4 or 5 notes at the same time on one channel. I forget exactly.

The 8bit noise channel 100% enveloped is really fun. I use the 8bit more for background noise than I do percussion.

Extratone. Speed up the BPM to silly amounts. Play with the instrument tones. Edit the patterns. Pause it then play it again (Sometimes it will sound completely different after you do this.). Seriously limitless. I'm still learning new tricks to do with extratone.

I worked a ton with manoloop the last year. I'm sure there's more I'm not remembering.

Chicago

Jake, give us some sampling tricks. That's one thing I haven't used very much.

Tulsa, OK
theghostservant wrote:

Jake, give us some sampling tricks. That's one thing I haven't used very much.

Okay okay smile

Biggest tricks!
Record things an Octave high so when you modulate it down the sample length is longer - also barely closing the envelope then looping the sample is cool smile

Re-recording samples!! I record samples of synths (idk if you can do this on the android) from nanoloop! Useful for great kick sounds
Also useful for adjusting the volume on quiet WAV samples, just kick up the gain and re-record!!

Panning!! Go into the individual envelope editor and double tap a note and little <<s and stuff will magically appear! It's awesome stereo goodness

Download WAV samples and drag them into your nanoloop file collection (where you get your exports)

That's all for now

Westfield, NJ

I forgot exactly how to do this, I recommend looking it up in the manual, but the default paramater that you can automate "per-note" is envelope, and well, if you want to automate some other parameter (like LFO frequency), you can do that! You just have to change the parameter that is highlighted on the instrument settings screen. Again, I can't remember how you do this, but it's definitely in the manual. It's nice if you want to make a wobbly bassline with a changing LFO frequency within a single pattern.

Tulsa, OK
Decktonic wrote:

I forgot exactly how to do this, I recommend looking it up in the manual, but the default parameter that you can automate "per-note" is envelope, and well, if you want to automate some other parameter (like LFO frequency), you can do that! You just have to change the parameter that is highlighted on the instrument settings screen. Again, I can't remember how you do this, but it's definitely in the manual. It's nice if you want to make a wobbly bassline with a changing LFO frequency within a single pattern.

Strong Suit does this! I have been trying to figure it out but i do not seem to follow his directions

it is also awesome for combining the functions in channels! you can have two parts in one channel because you can make the components so different

Westfield, NJ
Jake Allison wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

I forgot exactly how to do this, I recommend looking it up in the manual, but the default parameter that you can automate "per-note" is envelope, and well, if you want to automate some other parameter (like LFO frequency), you can do that! You just have to change the parameter that is highlighted on the instrument settings screen. Again, I can't remember how you do this, but it's definitely in the manual. It's nice if you want to make a wobbly bassline with a changing LFO frequency within a single pattern.

Strong Suit does this! I have been trying to figure it out but i do not seem to follow his directions

it is also awesome for combining the functions in channels! you can have two parts in one channel because you can make the components so different

it's in the manual!

Tulsa, OK

Manual, got it

Chicago

You triple tap what parameter you want to do in the instrument screen.
I'm pretty sure that's what you guys are talking about

Chicago

@Br1ghtPr1mate
(facebook tag)

Tulsa, OK

I've tried triple tapping and it dosent work sad

Chicago

you have to do it below the parameter name

Nanoloop is pretty limited to be honest. I've been using it since it first came out. It's 5 channels, you can add or record samples, it uses RECT, FM, and NOISE. And a bunch of things I have yet to figure out but I guess at.

I'm guessing TMB is for Timber, BR is for bass or something about bass, envelope is how long or short the sound is, vol is volume, and lfo is a modulation effect, and I still can't really figure out fq (frequency?) it gets strange sometimes when you switch the fq to tmb or br for certain sounds. It get's really weird. I just don't understand that part.

There's no squares, saws, sines, and triangles. It's more like sounds made by the developed of Nanoloop that you start it on with. Idk how to explain it really.

I'm making the switch to LSDJ this week, I just bought an LSDJ prepared DMG with prosound mod and stuff from ebay 2 days ago. Still waiting for it..

Did you really just compare apples to oranges?

br is for brightness, not bass. The fq parameter is for changing the frequency/modulation of the sound you've created.

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
sylcmyk wrote:

br is for brightness, not bass.

I always thought it was bass reduction until now

Westfield, NJ
xX 8 BIT CHAMPION Xx wrote:
sylcmyk wrote:

br is for brightness, not bass.

I always thought it was bass reduction until now

funny thing is, that's one way of thinking of it