nashville,tn

sorry mods if this the wrong area for this.......i didnt want to take the chiptopia thread further down a tangent, dont think it fits with how's yr local scene thread...

anywayz

Hey im looking for a general interest from peeps in the area. i'd like to set up a regular, every other month, chipshow in n'ville. any takers? i know of a few receptive venues and i can offer free overnight lodging to a reasonable number of people. chances are good you'd even make back yr gas money via the door. hit me up: [email protected]

best

Madison, Alabama

I'd be down!

The last one in Nashville with you and Makeup and Vanity Set was fun.

Seems like an every-other-month thing might generate interest for people in the 3-4 hour drive range too. (?)

Nashville is getting a "hip" rep lately too, so it neeeedz moar chip.

nashville,tn
roboctopus wrote:

I'd be down!

The last one in Nashville with you and Makeup and Vanity Set was fun.

Seems like an every-other-month thing might generate interest for people in the 3-4 hour drive range too. (?)

Nashville is getting a "hip" rep lately too, so it neeeedz moar chip.

yeah defz! people still talk about that one.

a couple new awesome venues have opened up or will be this summer, plus the weird out of nowhere string of edm heavy weights that came thru recently... the world is our oyster or something

smiletron?............. where are you?

I might be able to make the drive every now and then...

Abandoned on Fire

Im a homebody but still want this to happen.

Madison, Alabama
egr wrote:

Im a homebody but still want this to happen.

If you bring your body out of your home and to Nasvhhlle, I will purchase you a fine microbrew. Or a really nice non-alcoholic drink, if you're a teetotaler.

Also, I put feelers out on other sites, and there's a lot more interest on Facebook and Reddit than expressed here, so it kind of seems like there might be a decent amount of interest!

matt's mind

if you need any help with merch booth, i'd be up for helping out however i'm able.  we're just over the mountains in NC...

hiding under your bed

YES YES YES. I would LOVE to start something like this up.
I live about half an hour away from Nashville (Smyrna) and I'm over there all the time for various volunteer work and events, but the music scene is so borrrrring.
I've played a couple open mics but they don't always go over so well since everyone's expecting nothing but acoustic guitar.
It'd be so much better to have a designated chipshow to play at. Definitely interested in this. Sign me up.
I don't know any other chipmusicians personally, but I do know a few people who are into it, so I can add a few people to the audience if this gets started.

Abandoned on Fire

@robo - you talked me into it wink

nashville,tn

sweet! emailz me( centralized contacts are the still point of the turning world) @egr: showcase!@kitsch:yes!

Madison, Alabama
egr wrote:

@robo - you talked me into it wink

I'm very convincing!

hiding under your bed

Bumping this to see if there's any more interest.
Emailed Sugar Sk*_*lls last week and after he replied I didn't have the chance to email him back until earlier today.
Just gonna relay what I said to him in my email here (he mentioned maybe looking into The Stone Fox as the venue):

from the email I sent him earlier wrote:

if we did a show on March 29,30, or 31 (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), that'd be during the Middle Tennessee Anime Convention, and we could potentially pull more people from over there for a bigger audience (it's at the Nashville Convention Center, like ten minutes away from Stone Fox). I work with staff there every year so we could possibly get some advertising out of it. Otherwise I'd just spread the info by word of mouth and maybe some flyers here and there, I'm sure we could get some people to come over for the show.

Note that the 31st is Easter, so that'd probably be out of the question, but 29th or 30th?
Does anybody think we could get everything together by then? We'd need someone to talk to the venue about setting a date, we'll need list of all participating musicians, and we'll want to spread the word like crazy so we can get a good audience.

kitsch wrote:

if you need any help with merch booth, i'd be up for helping out however i'm able.  we're just over the mountains in NC...

Speaking of merch, if anybody's ever looking into doing t-shirts or anything like that, I work at a custom t-shirt store and can maybe hook you up with some stuff for cheap. We print on pretty much anything fabric-based that'll lay down flat (to go into our printer), so in addition to shirts/hoodies and the like we can do coasters/mousepads, can koozies, bandanas, beanies, all sorts of cool crap.

Madison, Alabama

A couple of us are working behind-the-scenes on this!  (That being Sugar Sk*_*lls, myself, and Brandon Hood of Chip=Win).  I think Sugar Sk*_*lls is still talking to the venue about dates.  We were looking at April, but I wouldn't have a problem with the end of March.  We're working on a tentative lineup, etc., but I'm sure more help would be welcome, since Sugar Sk*_*lls is the only one of us actually local to Nashville.  (I'm 2 hours south in Huntsville).

Email me at roboctopus (at) gmail (dot) com for more intel.

nashville,tn

yea! its going to be quite epic! everyone i've talked to is very very interested/excited and on board. @anybody coming thru the american south for a tour or thinking about it, hit us up!

Abandoned on Fire

Pumped!

Lexington, KY

I live in Kentucky and I want to rock your pancreas.