Wheeling, WV

All of my sav data just disappeared. Gone. The cart holds a sav fine now after testing it. It just randomly decided to delete everything.

Everything I had is gone.

Fuck everything.

I don't know what to do right now.

Philly

Write better stuff and move on.

Wheeling, WV

It's not holding savs anymore, and it's taking forever to boot up.

What has happened to my cart?!

Milan, Italy

have you recorded your stuff?

Go on and write new songs! for your old ones you could just plug an iPod during your shows! (i've lost a sav too and actually for 2 or 3 songs I do this using a Nintendo DS mp3 player hmm )

New York City
hotmessization wrote:

It's not holding savs anymore, and it's taking forever to boot up.
What has happened to my cart?!

Your cart needs a new battery. No news there. It happened to everyone. But people backup, so they don't loose everything.

This is a good time to quit too tongue

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 19, 2010 2:51 am)

Olympia, WA

yep. happened to me too. I only lost one decent song, but i had recorded it, so its stuck in that version forever. LIfe ain't  over, my good man!

Oh man, today must be a day for data loss. Having gone through 4 flash drive failures/breakages/losses not counting this one and 2 HDD failures I feel your pain.

RIP NOODLES, you hold every XM, sample, and line of code I've ever created within your lifeless corpse.

Not to mention my huge collection of Bachelor Frogs, Depression Dogs, and Courage Wolves.

Last edited by PlainFlavored (Mar 19, 2010 3:13 am)

Minneapolis

Soldering iron+TLC=fixed. Probably.

arfink wrote:

Soldering iron+TLC=fixed. Probably.

Sounds like as good of an excuse to learn how to solder and mess around with PCBs as I'll ever get. I'll report back with the results when I've either fixed it or MEGA destroyed it.

I buried it in a box in the backyard after a short but powerful, cinematic, and at times extremely poignant funeral. Time to exhume.

Last edited by PlainFlavored (Mar 19, 2010 5:06 am)

Seattle, WA

now you play the song off your ipod and pretend to play it on the gameboy

or leave chiptune forever

those are your only choices

Tacoma WA

Don't think of it as loosing all your songs

Think of it as getting all this room to save new songs

BOSTON

yeah. i think we've all learned to back up our shit the hard way. after a cart went bad on me, i keep my tracks on 4 different carts plus have them saved as .wavs on a DS AND a nano. AND have the files on the google data swarm

so, basically, if a nuclear war breaks out, i want to be sure my tracks are safe.

Chicago IL

the worst day of my life was when my dog had to be put to sleep

Austin, TX

Backup / write better songs / D.G.A.F.

Also, it was announced today that Nujabes died.

Rest in peace, you were a tremendous inspiration and I have many fond memories listening to your music.

Sorry to thread hijack for the second time.

Nashville, Tennessee
yuh wrote:

now you play the song off your ipod and pretend to play it on the gameboy

or leave chiptune forever

those are your only choices