shanghai

what everyone means to say is : "find some friends that want to listen to your cc songs because no one here really gives a shit about hearing them". Im sure 90 percent of these 'give my first ellisdj song some cc' just post it there cos they want mad plays. And alot just then want some mad praise or encouragement. if you tell them its shit because they only owned a cart for 6 hrs they ll cry and say 'you guys are all mean, you only wanna suck 4fats dick and flame us nooobs'

Abandoned on Fire
themask wrote:

and wow I didn't know there was a way to ask for CC when you just upload a song to the site,t

I always notice it since I make sure not to mark it.  All you dorks don't know how to make my Art better so nyaaaa nyaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

Harrisonburg, Virginia
egr wrote:

CC threads are redundant since the music uploads have a "request cc" option.  Delete all cc threads and instruct posters to upload and mark songs instead.  Maybe an icon beside the song name at the top of the page and in the music section to denote cc requests.

Though I agree that this is a solution to having a lot CC threads when that feature is available on the songs themselves, I don't usually see many people commenting on songs. Even when they do, as has been mentioned recently, the CC is utter garbage or just a one sentence blurb.

The forum format has notifications of new posts/content and is already in place. I'm not saying this can't change, but I doubt that many (not "any") people would give a user CC if they requested it on their song without the CC subforum.

Also, a single CC thread would be a convoluted mess of quotes from a song posted 15 posts ago on page 24, but 26 posts before the song with the most recent CC posts (which has been thrice interrupted by CC from a song posted in between the former and latter songs mentioned previously).

Basically that idea would just cause a lot of confusion and also deter anyone from attempting to penetrate the black hole that would be "The CC Thread." Also, where would the thread go once the CC subforum was rendered useless and deleted? General Discussion? Releases? Would the CC subforum stay and have only one thread?

Neither idea seems to really get at the issue of "how to request better CC." One idea would be to rename the sticky in the CC thread "How to Request Constructive Criticism" and make it more straightforward by giving the examples of how you think CC should be requested first and how not to last. People usually respond to directives/directions better when you tell them what to do and how to do it, not what not to do. The latter just confuses or annoys whoever you're directing (or suggesting if you don't want to make "rules" for how to ask for help on this site).

Last edited by Russellian (Jan 24, 2013 6:08 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Maybe if there wasn't a cc thread/forum more people would comment on songs?

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Lazerbeat wrote:

Maybe if there wasn't a cc thread/forum more people would comment on songs?

I don't think so, but that's just me being a cynic.

Abandoned on Fire
egr wrote:

CC threads are redundant since the music uploads have a "request cc" option.  Delete all cc threads and instruct posters to upload and mark songs instead.  Maybe an icon beside the song name at the top of the page and in the music section to denote cc requests.

+1 this is the best suggestion relating to cc ive seen thus far, good job!

Chicago
egr wrote:
themask wrote:

and wow I didn't know there was a way to ask for CC when you just upload a song to the site,t

I always notice it since I make sure not to mark it.  All you dorks don't know how to make my Art better so nyaaaa nyaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

more cocaine to the dick

Abandoned on Fire
egr wrote:

I want to highlight and emphasize this idea one more time before "cc rage" fades and then comes back in a month or so.

Moving all cc to the music section would:
1.  end all the cc threads (a win for everyone)
2.  place more attention on the music section
3.  spur more interaction in the music section rather than just consumption

The only thing needed is some kind of flag that shows a "cc request" without having to open the item.  And to just lock the cc forum with a stickied thread explaining the change.

+1, upvote, Like, Retweet, ...

babylon

i concur.

Brunswick, GA USA

There already is a cc request flag. Notice how often it is used. wink

Abandoned on Fire
chunter wrote:

There already is a cc request flag. Notice how often it is used. wink

Example:

This track has requested cc but I can't know that until I've already opened it.  Not just clicked on it to reveal the player but actually opened the track url:  http://chipmusic.org/windlepoonz/music/improved

For the cc'ers to be satisfied I think we need a visible sign that cc has been requested right next the song title like the "energy meter" is.

OR a way to do it with no extra coding or anything would be direct anyone looking to give cc to a cc'er to the cc request filter like dis:

http://chipmusic.org/music#f=1

Last edited by egr (Jan 26, 2013 4:14 pm)

Earth
egr wrote:

Moving all cc to the music section would:
1.  end all the cc threads (a win for everyone)
2.  place more attention on the music section
3.  spur more interaction in the music section rather than just consumption

Yeah that is where the cc should happen.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

+1'd
egr for emperor.

Murcia, Spain

+1 for egr