www.eight-oh-eight.org

wink

Milwaukee, WI

I'm on the list for the next batch. SO excited! heart

matt's mind

me too!

after soooooooooo(infinity) long

looks nice!

Is it easy to assemble? Looks to complicated for me.

matt's mind

midibox-based projects tend to be a little more complicated than others, imo

not for the beginner, basically.

Now I'm checking http://www.eight-oh-eight.org/Assembly/
and it seems dificult for me.

Anyway looks nice!

Last edited by hutsvoid (Jan 26, 2013 10:36 pm)

Madison, Alabama

I really want one of these new MS-20s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSnzCWA_ … e=youtu.be

San Diego

I'm still waiting for my MS-20 mini to show up. I pre-ordered one back in early Feb. and was recently told it should be showing up in early May.

Nottingham, UK

One day, one of these will live happily in my man cave.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 27, 2013 12:08 pm)

The Hollow Earth
Vile wrote:

I'm still waiting for my MS-20 mini to show up. I pre-ordered one back in early Feb. and was recently told it should be showing up in early May.

Supposed to ship 05-22-2013, at least according to Musician's Friend.

I was wondering. Does anyone know how the new ms20 needs to be tuned?
It also seems to have mini-jacks instead of jacks for the moddeling part. Im not sure if thats a great improvement.

Still it's pretty cool they re-made it. And for such a price.

England

I have pre-ordered one, had been saving for something for a while. Was thinking of the Minibrute but then this came out. No menus, no presets, perfect!

Last edited by Jellica (Apr 28, 2013 2:06 pm)

The Hollow Earth
Amlan wrote:

It also seems to have mini-jacks instead of jacks for the moddeling part. Im not sure if thats a great improvement.

Apparently from what I've heard it stays in tune and doesn't drift like the original. Not sure how much difference there is between the mini-jacks and the original 1/4" ones. I used an Arp 2600 before which had mini-jacks and it didn't seem to matter. The only thing is (depending on what type of device you're using) you'll probably have to use an adapter if you're plugging something else in for audio processing, CV input, etc....

At least they give you a lot of cables. I was watching a video from NAMM and somebody said the original only came with 2!

Madison, Alabama
Jellica wrote:

No menus, no presets, perfect!

My thoughts exactly!

San Diego
Subterrestrial wrote:

Apparently from what I've heard it stays in tune and doesn't drift like the original. Not sure how much difference there is between the mini-jacks and the original 1/4" ones. I used an Arp 2600 before which had mini-jacks and it didn't seem to matter. The only thing is (depending on what type of device you're using) you'll probably have to use an adapter if you're plugging something else in for audio processing, CV input, etc....

At least they give you a lot of cables. I was watching a video from NAMM and somebody said the original only came with 2!

It has 1/8" inputs and outputs for all of the patching and processing and comes with 10 patch cables out of the box. This site had the best deal for a MS20 that I found.

Subterrestrial wrote:
Amlan wrote:

Thats odd. How can an analog synthesizer stay in tune?
Never heard of one tongue