The Hollow Earth

I'm surprised that no one else has posted about this yet? Korg made an official announcement at NAMM that they're making a new version of the MS-20 with the original analog circuitry (along with MIDI and USB wink ) in a case about 86% the size of the original. MSRP is $599 (originally rumored to be around $800). Did you just ejaculate? Because I did.

http://www.korg.com/ms20mini

Unsubscribe

TMI.

matt's mind

i hope they didn't use the ms-20 VST controller case for this.  which looks just like that.

because its keys are way too tiny...  its like a little kids toy.

Abandoned on Fire

They did this before with the MS-20 midi controller/software package.  I wonder if this is the exact same form factor but with actual guts inside.

Madison, Alabama
kitsch wrote:

i hope they didn't use the ms-20 VST controller case for this.  which looks just like that.

because its keys are way too tiny...  its like a little kids toy.

It's been confirmed to be bigger than the controller.  It's like 83% the size of the original.  Keys are accordion-key sized, roughly.  Keys are quite a bit bigger than the microkorg.

I'm seriously thinking about pre-ordering one.  An MS-20 for $599 is hard to resist.

Last edited by roboctopus (Jan 25, 2013 7:24 pm)

IL, US

no one posted about it just because we were talking about it in the minibrute thread.. deserves its own though...planning on getting one sometime this year

Abandoned on Fire

@kitsch - jinx!!

france

Ho my god, i've fuck m'y pants !

shanghai

still throwing money at the screen. hasnt worked yet

Madison, Alabama
Downstate wrote:

still throwing money at the screen. hasnt worked yet

Just throw the money harder. My MS-20 Mini popped out of the screen last night.

Tacoma WA

Buchla remaking the Music Easel is pretty awesome as well.

Matthew Joseph Payne
infradead wrote:

Buchla remaking the Music Easel

WHAT

matt's mind
kineticturtle wrote:
infradead wrote:

Buchla remaking the Music Easel

WHAT

yeah.  for real.  what?!?! 

thats sort of big news.

Tacoma WA

price is amazing as well.  MSRP around 4k. 

i've been hanging around modular forums for two years now and i've never even heard of an easel selling let alone thought i'd have an eventual chance to get one.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Saw that !!! Totally want one...knobs instead of using a stylus is a BIG + ! big_smile

shanghai

all we need now is an 808 remake and we're golden. I mean acidlabs miami is sick, but mini 808 anyone ? mmmmmm