Seattle, WA

http://chipmusic.org/dire+hit/music/dar … ormy-night

I made this yesterday and I'd really love to know what I can improve.

I think my pulse channels are lacking most of the time and I lean on the same wave instruments too much.

Last edited by Dire Hit (Jan 27, 2013 12:20 am)

San Francisco

make the pulse a nice square wave bass layer?

Gosford, Australia

yeah when in doubt do an octave/fifth unison with the wav

i've achieved cool sounds with fast duty cycle modulation and vibrato
like, the first ten seconds of this is a single pulse channel with fast, heavy vibrato and PWM

Last edited by Victory Road (Jan 27, 2013 1:45 am)

Seattle, WA
Victory Road wrote:

yeah when in doubt do an octave/fifth unison with the wav

i've achieved cool sounds with fast duty cycle modulation and vibrato
like, the first ten seconds of this is a single pulse channel with fast, heavy vibrato and PWM

That song is fucking win.

yes, that really is an incredible song.

Gosford, Australia

yes but let's talk about dire hit's song!

i think the more minimal pulse channel work actually serves it really well, the raspy little echoes in the background work really nice with the tuned noise hits. maybe a noise/pulse unison would sound better than a wave/pulse unison. i dunno!

Seattle, WA

I've been mostly using pulse channels for stereo, but I don't know what I should do in addition.

England

a pulse channel snare

Bristol, UK

Could add some zappy sounds with a table that goes like vff, vef, vdf,vcf,vbf,vaf and so on...

Really though I don't think it needs anything else, adding something just for the sake of not having empty channels might just ruin it.

Douglas, Wyoming

I think it sounds pretty good, my only thought would be maybe some plucked notes, like an Envelope of 73 and add a lot of vibrato in the table. But really I like it a lot how it is.