Schism tracker is also in the repos, although I haven't spent much time with it.
I've never even tried to run it, but there's a linux version of Adlib Tracker
I can confirm these work great on Linux. There's also klystrack.
Some others that I play around with regularly:
- qtractor - an Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application. I really like this one, it's easy to use, looks great, and has support for plugins of various kinds for softsynths
- Carla - Audio plugin host (VST, LV2, LADSPA etc) from KXStudio
- DISTRHO - A bundle of VST and LV2 plugins, including dexed which is a FM synth and can be used to make chip-tune-ish sounds, as well as TAL noise maker which is also an awesome softsynth for this kind of stuff
- Helm - Another fav free software VST synth
- Munt - Emulator for the Roland MT-32 series synth
Last edited by witchspace (May 31, 2016 6:50 am)