The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Now you guys have me thinking of adding a piggy to my setup. . . The thought of it does sound nice. . .

Westfield, NJ
akira^8GB wrote:

I mean mass transit. As in commuter transport. With "long distance trains" I meant really long distance, 1+ hour, european style trains (you ain't got that in the amerrikuz on 1 hour trips ;P).
If you can use it awesome for you. For me, neither the ambient nor the available tools in such situation would inspire me to do anything worth my time.

However, I made I think all or most of Red October while jumping cities on Swiss and Dutch trains.

Well I have to disagree! I find mass transit is a great environment to shut out the world and make music.

UK
akira^8GB wrote:

I mean mass transit. As in commuter transport. With "long distance trains" I meant really long distance, 1+ hour, european style trains (you ain't got that in the amerrikuz on 1 hour trips ;P).
If you can use it awesome for you. For me, neither the ambient nor the available tools in such situation would inspire me to do anything worth my time.

However, I made I think all or most of Red October while jumping cities on Swiss and Dutch trains.

It used to be fine when I was a student and didn't have to travel on commuter services. Now the trains are too packed for me to do anything other than feel anxious/rage.

Last edited by firebrandboy (Apr 18, 2012 6:58 pm)

Unsubscribe

I need at least a 30 minute commute, seated, to get anything cool going.

herr_prof wrote:

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:

im currently taking the metra home from work leaving my car in the burbs, drinking beer and comfortably seated for about 45 minutes smile (no power outlets though, thatd be nice)

Unsubscribe

back on topic

Live Rig 2012

Annotations
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toilville/ … otostream/

Floor

Annotations
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toilville/ … otostream/

London

is that a phat boy?

Unsubscribe

it is a phatboy. I had to electro out tape the yellow words though, and plan to label the knobs for the footpedal stuff they control.

Unsubscribe

BTW Im looking for a Kenton Control Freak Live badly to replace those.. if anyone has one collecting dust let me know!

sweden

How do you like the phatboy? Ive been meaning to get one, but getting a v2 here seems pretty hard. Also been considering the doepfer pocket control, but it seems that its not that much room between the knobs.

edit: duh doepfer not kenton

Last edited by nordloef (Apr 24, 2012 5:45 pm)

Unsubscribe

its fine..knobs are a little loose for me, and the cc assignments are fixed so you better have gear that you can change the cc on them with, but it feels as good as any other gear i have, basically like the access virus feels.

Last edited by herr_prof (Apr 24, 2012 5:19 pm)

sweden

Btw do you have the v1 or the v2?

Last edited by nordloef (Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm)

Unsubscribe

the v2. The only difference is the firmware and they ditched that weird eye print on the screen. You will also have to hold snapshot to access modes 4-6.

sweden

Yes., but the CC is even more limited on the v1 afaik. Hence why Im looking for the v2.

Unsubscribe

I would recomend something like the encore knobby as well.. just couldnt find one!

Doepfer ask made a pocket knobs.