Chicago, IL

so is this on preorder right now orrrrrrrrrrrr?

want want want fap want fap fap want

Philly, PA, USA
wedanced wrote:

dont h8 the h8r 4 h8n on things he h8.

best to smile and nod and humor me cuz i have an unreasonable amount of hate for the kaoss line.
if i could i would storm into korg headquarters and and flip every table in the building to show my disapproval.

so.....
ur a h8r?

London

i think they both look interesting, particularly the mini kp 2 with its mp3 capabilities.

Spokompton

Anyone get a hold of the miniKP2 yet? They're out now, right? I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere.

I like the idea of having a recorder and KP in one. I'm tempted to get for use w/ my Shruthi-1 to record sequencer jams on the same device I process them with. I'm concerned about build and sound quality, especially noise, though. And it sounds like to make these able to sip on 2 AAs instead of 4, as well as power an OLED, they've reduced the headphone output even more than on the first minis, which frankly sucks.

wedanced, I hear where you're coming from w/ the Kaoss line. I thought they were dumb as hell until I got a miniKP on a whim. Now I think it's really inspiring. It's surprising how much expression you can get out of just a 2-axis keypad (EDIT: derp, touchpad), it's made me realize how important timing is. It's changed how I patch too - I used to make megalomaniacal 16-param beast patches, now I want to try to figure out what the most expressive, minimal set of parameters (or parameter combinations) are. Trying to get down to like 2-4 parameters is a fun challenge.

Can't speak for the kaossilator. It doesn't look that fun to me but I don't feel that strongly about it. If someone gave me one, I would certainly give it a chance before throwing it out of a moving vehicle.

Last edited by undergroundclouds (Apr 5, 2012 7:13 pm)

Spokompton

Also fuckin' Chris Carter uses/used MiniKPs, come on! What's not to like about this pic:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chris_carter_/4652929120/

Finally i can get my hands on a Kaossilator I, 'cause hopefully they will drop the price.
The Screen from the II lokks promising but i kinda prefer the old design.

sweden

got serious GAS for the kp mini 2

Spokompton

9-Heart, Yeah I kinda feel that way about the old design too but I get why they did it. It would be awkward as hell to navigate mp3 playback and recording on a 3x7segment display.

That said, after I get the miniKP2, I'm going to hang onto my miniKP1, at least initially, maybe use it for more scary feedback jams w/ my 4-track (so fun!). Besides, 2 KPs are more fun than 1!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I'm so torn on these. I own both the mini kp and the kaossilator already. I don't necessarily have to upgrade but the mini kp 2 looks really handy. If only it didn't look like a hasty birthday present for an 8 year old. . .